Monday, May 29, 2017

Goodbye Hodsons

Today is Memorial Day. The cemetery is always so pretty today. Mike and I picked some flowers to put on our mom's grave. I went home and grabbed my bag on pinwheels. I was in Virginia (and Maryland) on the day my mom died, so I didn't get the pinwheels out then. It's nice because I can leave them here for an entire week. There is one pinwheel for each of my mom's grandchildren. Their names are written on the pinwheels. A nice lady stopped and asked if she could take my picture for me.
 Stephanie
It's so pretty when the wind spins the pinwheels.
Mike's family came over for a goodbye swimming party for Lisa and Nathan's family. It's going to be sad when they are all the way gone to California. It was fun to have everyone together. Well, all of the siblings were there, but we were missing Jessica (of course), Aimee (medical school - and her birthday), Michael (on his mission in Russia), Spencer (in Boston), Matt (working), Connor (working) and Take (working). Maysen spent most of her time inside writing because she can't be in the sun right now. Mike spent all morning trying to get the pool ready. (All weekend too.) He used his scuba equipment for several hours cleaning the bottom of the pool. He wasn't 100% sure the pool would be ready, so he wanted to get a slip-in-slide just in case. Preston loved it!
The pool turned out great, the weather was perfect and we had such a great time. Mike's dad even came. I think this is the first time he has come to one of our pool parties. Just such a peaceful day.
Nathan and Nova
 I love how Steve, Mike and Sherry are gathered around their dad. Nathan is behind him with a diet coke.
Preston, Nova, Derek, Leo, Melissa
 I think they all loved having their dad here.
 Nathan & Lisa
 Nova, Derek, Xander's friend
Xander, Taylor, Jorja, Erica, Miah, Melissa, Leo
 With Papa!
 Scoop, Sherry, Mike, Steve (Lisa had left by this time)
 Miah and Jorja had a great time together! I loved that!
Xander's friend, Taylor, Erica
Miah, Melissa, Leo, Jorja
 Miah, Taylor, Jorja
Taylor is always a favorite!
Sherry and I thought it would be so fun for Miah and Jorja to go to EFY together. I tried to find an opening, but apparently you need to be a boy if you sign up this late. I'll have to keep my eye on it, maybe we'll get lucky.

No comments: