Friday, May 26, 2017

Overstock Lagoon Day

We went later to Lagoon day than we usually do. Preston had a class party that he really wanted to go to. Stockton had some big projects to work on, especially in statistic, so that worked out well. I checked Jorja out after second period. She came with me to Preston's class and helped. Jorja helped Mrs. Chung and I helped Mrs. Mickelsen. I bet Mrs. Chung loved having someone helping who could speak Chinese! When I finished with putting Mrs. Mickelsen's folders together, we checked Preston out and headed to Alta. Debbie Romrell was working at the attendance desk. I told her I needed to check out Stockton Smith, etc. etc. After she had called for him I asked her, "Do you recognize me?" She said, "You look familiar, did I know you at Challenger?" I told her no and that my name is Stephanie Millburn. Her hands flew to her face as her chair jerked back. It was pretty funny. She said, "You are old enough to have a high schooler?" I told her I had a child in college too. Later when I was telling this story Stockton said, "Maysen always has to one-up me." Ha!

Anyways, we finally headed to Lagoon in the afternoon. We stopped at Mike's work on the way and picked up Mike's friend Harish. He is from India and has been in the United States for about three years. He wasn't going to go to Lagoon because he didn't have a way to get there. We took care of that. Our first stop was to buy season passes. It's great because Mike was able to get some extra Overstock passes from friends who decided not to go. (Overstock gives two free passes to each employee. Any extra is $50.) We only had to buy one pass this year. Because we are already at Lagoon, season passes are cheaper. They were $60 this year. We already know we will be going in two weeks for my family reunion. Then we only have to go one more time to make this worth it. Jorja is going to 8th grade Lagoon day next week, so hers for sure is paying for itself.

We then went and got the free lunch. Jorja and Preston were so full from the pizza (from Preston's school party) that looking at hamburgers made them sick. We went to Cannibal for our first ride. Jeff wanted to ride it with his boy, so he asked Mike if he would hang out with his daughter. Mike was more than happy to do that. Preston decided to wait with him. As we were about to get on we saw Harish finishing the ride. He had checked it out on Youtube and wanted to ride it, but it scared him.

I love that all of my kids are old enough to ride all the rides. They don't like them all, but it's nice to not have to separate unless we want to.
Preston, Stockton, Jorja, Maysen
We pressured Preston to ride Bulgy the Whale. He is almost too tall to ride this ride. The kids kept saying, "You won't ever be able to ride it again!" Perfect time to ride it because he wouldn't have wanted to wait in a line just to ride this one.
Preston
I might have climbed a fence to get this picture.
This day went by so fast. Because we went late it threw off our entire system. We were walking to the swings when Mike realized Bingo was almost over. Jorja and Mike hurried over to play the last few games. I went with the kids on the swings and I tried to ride the Ladybug ride with them. I was annoyed because I was let in and went to get a seat with Stockton. A little kid behind me in line ran in and took my seat! What was super annoying was, he left his little brother waiting in line. He took my seat so he could ride with strangers. I couldn't believe it. I looked at the worker and she said, "You can ride it next time." What? All of my kids are on it now, like I'm going to ride the Ladybug ride by myself and make my kids wait. What an annoying boy. I was even more irritated because while we were waiting in line Mike texted me that Jason Parry was at Bingo. I was hoping I would see him today. I wanted to hurry over, but I knew this is one of Maysen's favorite rides. I should have just caught up with the kids later and tried to find Jason. I never did see him.

Mike found Harish at bingo and he hung out with us for the rest of the day. We got him to go on Wicked. Hahahaha! He did not like that! He screamed so loud! Secretly he liked it though. Although not enough to go on the Spider next. Mike and Harish both sat out on that one. We went to Air Race. Only Maysen and Preston are crazy enough to go on that one.
Jorja & Stockton sitting out Air Race
Mike wanted to get Beavertails. Harish though it was a ride. He pointed out that there is a ride named Spider, so why wouldn't there be a ride named Beavertails? We each had a beavertail partner. Mike & Preston, Stephanie & Jorja, Maysen & Stockton. Maysen got powdered sugar over her face because she kept laughing.
Stockton & Maysen
Maysen has wanted to ride the ferris wheel for awhile because then she will have ridden every ride at Lagoon. Only this year they added two more kiddie rides. Luckily adults could ride them both. One was a simple airplane ride, the other was a flying jeep ride. The jeep ride was so fun! At least as far as kiddie rides go.
Stockton & Jorja (and Preston's back)
 Mike
 Harish & Mike
Overstock Lagoon day is a perfect day to ride the ferris wheel. We were able to walk right on and didn't have to wait for lots of cars to load. We divided the cars up into 'spin and not spin'. The kids all went in spin. Stockton said he would go in spin because there was no way Preston would be able to spin it fast enough to make him sick. Harish, Mike and I went in the non-spin car. Mike hates heights. He is a good sport. He even went on both Rocket rides with me. Those are my favorite.
Harish & Mike
 Mike
 Mike & Stephanie
We went on Cannibal one last time. Harish decided to sit that one out. Then for our very last ride we went back to the flying jeeps. Preston really wanted to ride that one again. It was a good ride to end on.
Maysen
 Jorja, Preston, Stockton
We dropped Harish off at his house. He was funny because he told Mike he could just drop him off at the freeway exit. Ha! Harish was really fun and super nice. He kept saying thank you for letting him hang around and he had a lot of fun. He said he was kind of bored at the beginning and we got him to try more rides than he ever would have. That was nice. The kids liked him, so it made it easy for us to have him around. What a great day.

No comments: