Monday, August 20, 2018

Ribbon Cutting

Jorja had school today. She had to be there at 7:45. I think they were working on Hello Week. She was there all day long, but she loved it. She was supposed to get her school picture taken today. That didn't work out at all. The line was always super long. There were only two photographers. Hailey waited for three hours. So many people had crazy stories like that. Jorja said that they (I'm not sure if they is the school or the photographers) didn't think that many people would show up. Really? I get getting emails, text messages and voice mails that this was the only picture day. Guess Jorja will be doing make up day. They got to have one.
Jorja
I have been trying to get Stockton in a marketing class. It has been a long process with emails and wrong information. This morning I woke up to an email from someone in the marketing department. The only way Stockton could take this class was if marketing was his major or minor. Now he has a double major of Engineering and Marketing. Neither of those is what he is actually thinking of. I called Stockton this morning to let him know. I woke him up so he wasn't thinking too clearly. He has an appointment with the honors advisor this morning. Later he told me that during the appointment the counselor was wondering why he only had 12 credit hours. He needs 15 for his scholarship. She spent most of the time trying to find a class for him and trying to convince him that he should take Calculus 2. Stockton spent most of the time wracking his brain to figure out the class that was missing. He said he felt pretty dumb when he walked out and it dawned on him it was the marketing class. Stockton and I have only been talking about that for several weeks.
Preston will be going to Indian Hills Middle School starting tomorrow. They remodeled the building last year. All the kids went to Crescent Middle School for a year. The one year I don't have any kids in middle school was the one year that they went to my old middle school. Oh well. Anyway, today was the ribbon cutting for the remodeled Indian Hills. This was also the first time we could get in the school to find Preston's locker/classes. It was super packed. Mike missed the ceremony because Jorja went to a movie with Madison. I told her how important it was to me for her to support her brother and be there. She called as we were driving to the school and asked if we could pick her up. Mike dropped me and Preston off and went to get her. They were at Zupas when he got there. Then they were eating outside while the open house was going on. I was so annoyed. Come on. She came in once she realized I expected her there. I don't know how I can be so clear about my expectations and she is still confused about what I want. Going to the open house to support your brother is not the same as staying outside the open house eating with your friends. She had fun once she was inside though.
Big scissors
 Preston is thrilled with his new Chinese class
 Mr. Wu (Chinese) and Preston
 Look at the windows in his Chinese classroom! This is definitely a big change!
 Mrs. Butcher (science) and Preston
Preston hasn't been excited about pe. . . that is until Mike pointed out the scooters. We got them down to play with. Mike convinced Preston that they wanted us to play with them or they wouldn't have them in the corner. So, play we did.
Preston & Mike
 Madison
 Preston
 Jorja
 Preston
Jorja and Madison's dance
Preston
The last thing we did is find Preston's locker. We had actually found it first, but a girl was there who has the locker directly to the left of Preston. She had her locker all the way open and was decorating it. It looked like she would be there for awhile. Oh boy. We did it at the end of the day instead. Preston figured it out pretty quickly. He then tried 'hard mode' where he put his schedule with his combination inside his locker. Haha.
Preston
Preston's locker is pretty close to Griffin's. Griffin's dad is a high school principal. Bubs knows him. I laughed when I saw his dad writing on the locker to help him out.
Griffin, Griffin's dad, Preston
 Griffin's locker
 Preston
The last thing we did tonight was Mike gave Jorja and Preston a father's blessing. Wow. We are all ready to start a new school year. Hope this one is amazing.

No comments: