Thursday, October 20, 2016

Diving and Trapeze

My Evan McMullin shirt came finally!  Larkin told me her Romney shirt came two days after the election.  I told my kids I was going to wear this everyday until the election.  I don't think they believe me.
Stephanie
I took the boys to diving today.  Stockton had been going for awhile when Preston's teacher looked up to us in the bleachers and asked if Preston would like to dive with the Novice kids.  She didn't think any other lesson kids were planning on coming.  This worked out great! Stockton and Preston got to dive together, which was super cute, and we were able to leave more than an hour earlier than we had planned.
Preston & Stockton under the showers
Stockton is on the three meter and Preston is on the one.  I wish I would have captured the other time this happened, because I liked those dives better!
Stockton is on the three meter working on his 2 1/2 pike.  Preston is playing with cones.  He thinks flipping cones is almost as fun as diving and was quite proud that he landed a double cone flip.
Preston almost got landed on twice.  He goes sideways on his back dives.  Once he went right in front of the other board.  Jackson was on it ready to jump backwards into the water.  Luckily he didn't land on him.  The other time Preston came up under the three meter board right as Lauren was going off.  Tyce yelled for her to stop, but she couldn't.  She did some acrobatic move to avoid him.  Yikes.  Hopefully he'll be able to straighten out in the future!

Jorja went with Hailey to Classic roller skating ring and Stockton went with Gavin to a trapeze class. They both had a great time.  Stockton liked it more than he thought he would.  He wants to go again, but he doesn't want to had a specific class.  Basically he wants to do drop in classes where he can just come if he has free time.  I'm glad he tried it and I'm glad he liked it.  Hopefully he will find a time to go back.  The instructor told Stockton to do a toe touch.  Stockton had no idea what he was talking about.  Once the instructor explained it Stockton laughed and said, "A pike?"  He called it a pike for him the rest of the class.

Jorja went with Hailey and they were supposed to have someone else pick them up.  I wanted to watch the BYU/Boise St game.  I guess that fell through and Classic closed.  Hailey's phone ran out of batteries so they walked all the way to the movie theater so they could call us.  I do not like the idea that Jorja was walking down there so late at night.  I don't like that at all.  Mike is frustrated that her plans always change after she leaves our house.  Not sure what the best solution is.

The BYU/Boise State game was frustrating!  I wish Davis would have been able to play.  The defense was amazing, then would give up a huge play.  Fred Warners pick six was one of the best plays I have ever seen. I was joking with my brothers that he knew he had to score or his interception wouldn't have meant anything.  There were so many turnovers that BYU didn't capitalize on.  I randomly saw this tweet that made me laugh.
BYU ended up losing by 1.  With Boise State being undefeated and ranked 14th it is not the worse loss of the season.  BYU really should have lost by a lot more the way they were playing.  At one time the defense had more yards and points than the offense.  Yikes!

No comments: