Saturday, October 15, 2016

Silver Lake

Mike and I started the Body by Banks program today.  It will only be six weeks, but it sure is tough.  I can't believe I let myself get so out of shape, now I feel like I'm starting at the beginning.  I guess that is better than not starting at all.

We had a relief society activity at Becky's cabin.  It is beautiful up here. It was nice and relaxing.  I got to talk to Tiffany Maxfield on the way up.  I had been wanting to talk to her since Youth Conference, but our paths never crossed.  I wanted to thank her for letting Willy come.  She told me that Willy did great and told me about several of his antics.  He had never roasted marshmallows before.  Wow.  She also said that she was surprised how athletic Stockton was.  She wants Landon to convince him to join the track team.  She said he was fast and competitive.  The fast I believe, but the competitive?  With sports?  I asked Stockton about it later.  He said, "Well, you only got one chance in kickball."  That makes more sense.  If he was only going to get one chance to get on the base, you better believe he was getting on the base. I think Stockton would be excellent in pole vault.  He is already used to twisting his body while he is upside down.  He has also gotten super strong recently.  Being fast, strong, not afraid, and use to being upside down?  Those seem all like the perfect qualities for a pole vaulter.  Ha!
I left with the first group to come home.  I had a lot of fun and was still having fun, but I love being home best.

No comments: