Saturday, March 4, 2017

Bird Nails

As soon as I got back from my exercise class Mike, Stockton and I headed to Gayle's to help clean out her house. Gayle had asked the bishop if anyone could help again. He told her no, that it was too dangerous. That's weird, so a widow needs to do it herself? This time there was only Gayle, my dad, Matt, Mike, Stockton and I to fill up her dumpster. And fill it up we did. While we were there someone was moving into the house next door and a lot of people from the ward came over to help them. Awkward. After we left we went to Arby's to lunch. Mike, Stockton and I had our food and were sitting down to eat. I took a cup to get water and walked around the isle thing and saw my dad and Gayle. I causally said, "Hi Dad." He was surprised and it made me laugh.

Jorja did my nails today. She did such a great job. She had asked me if she could do them, but I was in the middle of something and wasn't free for about an hour. I didn't realize that she had already painted some on her stamp. She tried her best to put them on my nails, but they had kind of dried up. Lately she has gotten the stamp on the stamper and then colored the stamp with a toothpick. She then puts a clear coat over the area. She will pick it up with tweezers and lay it on the nail. It is then filed down, but she doesn't have a great file, so it is kind of hard. Her creation didn't want to stay down because it had dried too long. On my thumbs and the leaf pointer finger she tried stamping it after it was colored without putting a clear coat over it. She said that none of the videos she has watched does it that way. We didn't think it would work, but it turned out so much better! It was amazing! I love it. You can tell the difference in my thumbs verses the rest of my fingers. Jorja is getting pretty good at this nail painting gig.
Jordyn wanted a picture of the plate Jorja used. This is the one she used on all of my nails. I'm glad she figured out an easier way to get multiple colors. I think she will have fun with this!

No comments: