Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bowling Flop

I went to the dentist this morning and have two, maybe three cavities. Boo! I switched dentist awhile back and I haven't been too happy. I switched because Mike's (my brother) friend moved up here to work. He seems great, the problem is . . . I don't get to see him! Every time I have scheduled an appointment, they stick me with a random dentist. The first time I caught it. When the dentist came in I asked if he was Fabrizio. He wasn't. This time the doctor came in so fast. I don't really know Fabrizio, so I couldn't recognize him. Once the dentist had his hands in my mouth I noticed his jacket said Dibbles. I didn't know what to do then. To top it all off, the dental hygienist is creepy. He's not doing anything wrong, but for some reason he creeps me out. He takes forever, explaining everything. I'm sure some people like that, and some of what he says is interesting; but it is annoying when I spend one hour with him and less than five with the actual dentist. I think what creeps me out most is he touches my shoulder. I don't know why that bothers me, but it does. He touches it like we are good friends and are sharing in on a joke. I'm just thinking I want to get out of here as soon as possible. I had this guy last time. When I went to set up the next appointment I told him I wanted it with Fabrizio. He said, "He doesn't work on the days that I do." Silently I was cheering inside. I said, "That's okay. I'm only here to see Fabrizio." Anyways. Today I had Todd and NOT Fabrizio. I had to schedule my cavity fixing appointment. I told Todd I wanted it with Fabrizio and that Fabrizio was the only reason I was here. I told him my brother asked me to go to him. He has now made note of it on several computer screens so hopefully they will see. It seems to me that the hygentists just grab whatever dentist is walking by. If the dentists are paid by commission, that doesn't seem really fair. At least he will get the commission for my cavities that I am not happy about. I have never had this many cavities before. I have only had one cavity in my life. All of a sudden when I am going to this new office I have THREE cavities! Coincidence? I wonder . . . 

I took Preston to diving today. He tried to do a front flip. He has been able to do these before, but not with the proper technique. He practiced for a bit in the water before they brought him on the board. Here are his two attempts. (On a side note, I have no idea why the video hasn't been working on blogger. I don't know if it is just my computer, or everyones. BOO!)
First attempt = back flop
Preston's coach told him it was okay, and that everyones second attempt always goes better.
Second attempt = belly flop
Preston was a little sad. He tried so hard not to cry. I told him he could pick anywhere to eat. He wanted Little Caesars. He sat with a cheese pizza box on his lap all the way home from Provo. He was eating pizza on the way too.

While we were gone, Mike took Stockton bowling. They had a great time. Stockton won the first game and Mike won the second. Funny how Mike only took a picture of the score on the second game. Although I would take a picture if I scored 155!
Stockton
 2nd game

No comments: