Friday, March 17, 2017

No Parking

Wow! What a day! We planned on going to the cabin today. Yesterday Jorja found out that her first softball practice of the season would be on Saturday. She didn't want to miss that. Also, Katlyn is going to be singing in sacrament meeting and she wanted to watch her. We agreed to let her stay home. She is going to sleep at Matt and Sam's house. I texted Katlyn's mom and she said it would be great for Jorja to go to church with them and she would bring her back when they were done. Yay!

I totally forgot about volunteering in Preston's class. I had lunch plans with my cousins. I texted them and we were able to push back lunch until noon. Still, I was late. To make matters worse, an NCAA basketball game was going on AND so was Comic Con! There was no parking anywhere! I usually park in the City Creek parking garage. I drove around that thing for a half an hour looking for a spot. Several other cars were doing the same thing. I finally gave up and found a parking meter a few blocks away. I ran all the way to Blue Lemon and were able to see Heather and Jordyn for a few minutes. I had asked them to get their food. Jordyn wanted to know if they could buy my lunch. I told her no. I wasn't 100% positive I would find anywhere to park. Anyways, I'm glad I saw them for a few minutes. Jordyn had to leave after a bit - tax season. I was able to talk to Heather for a little longer. It is so nice. I LOVE my cousins!

On the way home I was getting texts from Jorja asking if she could go to a friends after school. I could only look at the texts at lights. When I realized that I never met this friend before I texted, "I'd rather you just come home. Only because I'm going to be out of town. I'd rather meet her first before you go to her house or before she is over when we're gone. Sorry." Jorja sent a text back and called right when I walked in the door. I handed the phone to Mike because I really needed to go to the bathroom. Mike told her she could go to the friends. I was so mad! Jorja and I texted back and forth for awhile. Jorja was confused because Dad said yes. I was confused because I didn't realize she was asking him the same thing I already told her no for. Another one of my texts, "It is super stressful for me to not know where you are. I agreed to let you stay, but I don't like it. I don't want to be worried that you are dead in a ditch somewhere. Let's be honest, how many times have you made plans with your friends and then I have to pick you up anyway? Remember the last time you went to Classic?"Anyways, we ended up compromising. I talked to Kiyara's mom on the phone for awhile. She promised me she wouldn't murder Jorja. I let her know that I couldn't be a backup to get them. Kiyara's mom was really nice and probably thought I was a crazy person.

Our drive to the cabin was uneventful - yay! We made it around 10:00. Preston was cute working on Mike's laptop the entire way. He did RPG maker and played Geometry Dash. Made the trip go fast for him!
Preston
I always, always, always love being at the cabin. Today is no exception. It is so nice here! It doesn't look like we will be able to sled though. Lots of snow, but lots of dirt. Oh well, it will be nice anyway.

No comments: