Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Cub Country

Preston had cub country today. The last couple of years I have gone with him. It was nice just to get him ready and send him off. Mike took Jorja to school since Jorja and Preston needed to be somewhere at the same time. The boys had made shirts for one of their projects. They leaders had them made into a bright yellow so that the boys would be easy to find at camp. Smart. They handed out the shirts when we got there.

Preston arrived home right as I was leaving for diving with Stockton. (Stockton's diving was later in the day because of a swim camp held at the U.) This worked out nicely because I was able to see Preston before we left. Well, actually it would have been better at the original time because then I would have been home with Preston. Oh well. Mike took Jorja to softball practice and I got a text that she left her cleats in the van. Whoops. She left her bag in the van on Monday. Luckily she still had her mitt. Jorja has loved practicing softball constantly. I can't believe how busy she has been this summer! It doesn't even feel like summer has started yet.

Speaking about having a busy summer, I forgot to write about EFY calling me on Monday. Clear back in February I had tried to get Jorja into EFY with Ebony. Ebony was able to get in because she did the early sign up. I've never had my kids go to EFY, mostly because we never hear about it until it is too late. Anyways, it didn't look like it was going to happen. Later I tried to find a time for Jorja and Miah to go. I thought I might be able to pull that off because Miah was okay going anywhere. There were lots of slots for the boys, but not for the girls. Anyways, out of the blue, EFY called me and said they had an opening for Jorja to be with Ebony. I checked with Mike and Jorja to see if this would be something she would want to do and if we could make it work. I also checked with Brett and Rachel because EFY is next week and we would pick up Jorja on Saturday, which would make us late to the cabin. I just wanted to make sure they were okay if we were a bit late. I didn't want to hurt their feelings that they drove across the country and we changed our plans on them. Anyways, we got that all set up so Jorja will be going to EFY next week. Later, Ebony's mom told me that she called EFY and asked if Jorja could be put on a special waiting list because Ebony really wanted to room with her. Wow. I can't believe she pulled it off. Jorja is pretty excited. I talked to Sherry and Miah about it on Monday, right after it happened. I didn't want Miah to get her feelings hurt. Hopefully Jorja and Miah can do EFY next year.

No comments: