Saturday, June 24, 2017

Zombies

We had fun playing lots of games today. We watched Anne, Jeff and Greg so Matt & Sam could go to the temple. Greg slept the entire time. We taught Anne how to play One Night Ultimate Werewolf. She was on my team. I would squeeze her hand when we needed to look up. We then played Apples to Apples Disney Edition. She LOVED that game! Anne was on Maysen's team. Sometimes she just voted for her favorite character regardless of the prompt. It was cute and she had fun.

Bubs and Ange came over tonight to print a national park pass. Apparently 4th graders can get in all the national parks for free for one year. Ella is in 4th grade. So was Preston. It ends in August. Too bad we just realized this now. This is the first year in awhile that we had no national parks on our agenda. Oh well. We opened the pool for Bubs family. Preston swam with them. I think they had a great time. We convinced Bubs to play the Werewolf game before he left. I think he liked it a lot better than mafia. This will be a great cabin game.

Jorja went to Hailey's house and hung out with Hailey and Allison. While she was gone Mike, Stockton, Preston and I played Betrayal at the House on the Hill. I was the traitor again! Last time I turned into a giant two headed worm. This time I turned into a zombie! (Maysen helped me figure out what I was supposed to do.) I thought there was no way I was going to be able to win, but thanks to Stockton's amazing all blank roll. He had an equal amazing all double roll right before. We couldn't believe he had these two rolls back to back. It was to my advantage though as I was able to turn him into a zombie right away. We got Preston next and Mike was the last one to fall.
 Zombie party where Mike died
 Zombie party where Preston died
Stockton doesn't usually like games that last a long time. (That is why the Ultimate Werewolf game is perfect for him.) Stockton likes this game though. He likes how there are many different haunts. Haunts are triggered randomly. For example, after every omen card (you draw an omen card if there is a raven in the corner of the room you discovered. You can see it on the catacombs.) Anyways, you have to do a haunt roll, which gets progressively harder the longer you are in the game. If someone fails a roll, the haunt starts. The room where the haunt started and the last omen card drawn determine which haunt will be played. When we played the two headed monster haunt, the traitor was the person who failed the haunt roll, which was me. When we played the zombie haunt, the traitor was the person who was the oldest on their character card, which was me. Anyways, Stockton loves the randomness of it and how it always changes. Like most games, this game becomes more fun the more you play. It's nice to actually understand what is going on!

No comments: