Thursday, August 24, 2017

Deer

I went visiting teaching early this morning. I met Megan at her house and we walked until Jacqui met us. Javita cancelled at the last moment. It was really fun and nice. I saw Stockton and Jorja at the bus stop. Glad they made it off. I got home before it was time to wake Preston up. I choked on my way home though. At the crosswalk there was a family of deer. They waited patiently until I stopped walking and a car stopped. Then the entire family crossed the street right in front of me. Why didn't I get a picture? It was so cool! They looked like a human family out on a walk. This same family made it into our backyard. The little baby deer was on our pool cover for awhile drinking water. I snapped a picture as it was getting off. They don't like for me to get too close. The mom and dad were at the back by the fence.
Baby deer on pool cover
Jorja had two softball games today. She got to play catcher, so she was pleased with that. She is getting better at throwing off her helmet when there is a foul ball. She also got her first hit in this league. Granted she hadn't been up to bat for a long time. She did great. It is so much fun to watch her play.
Jorja and Raina are the team captains
 Jorja
 Jorja catching
Jorja's first hit of the season
Mike, Jorja and I met Shay and her dad at Cold Stone. It was fun and delicious. We were pretty exhausted by the time we got home. School is tomorrow. Yikes!

No comments: