Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Jorja's a Freshman

Jorja's now in high school. Wow. She is so ready, but it is hard watching them grow up. I miss little Jorja, back when I was her entire world.
Jorja
I dropped Jorja off at school. Stockton took this picture as she was walking away. I hope she has a great day today. She is excited and nervous. That is to be expected.
Maysen, Stockton and I went straight to the dentist after dropping Jorja off at school. No cavities. Eric said Maysen probably has too much iron in her system, which might be a problem with her thyroid. Mike's mom had thyroid problems for years. Hopefully that's not the case. Maysen's teeth always look grey, even though she takes pretty good care of them. Eric says that is because of too much iron. At first when he told me that I asked how she would get extra iron. He said, "Well, if she eats a lot of meat or spinach." Maysen was laughing pretty hard with things in her mouth. It was funny. Eric then said you would have to eat an entire cow, or something like that. Long story short, hopefully we can get her a doctor appointment. Eric told me something about Maysen's iron when I took her in before. For some reason I was thinking she didn't have enough iron. Good thing I didn't go and get her iron supplements.

Maysen packed up and we headed to Utah State. We stopped and ate at OHOP, or technically Original Pancake House. It was delicious. Maysen finished the last chapter of Gone with the Wind on the way to school. We were then able to talk about it. Maysen loved the book and thought the ending was great. We have been reading one chapter a day throughout the summer and then discussing it. Marie said, "Oh! You're doing book club!" Yep. It was awesome. When we were in Logan, almost to Maysen's apartment when I asked her if she had her keys. She couldn't find them. She called Stockton who checked the motorhome. Yep, Maysen's keys to her apartment were on her bed in the motorhome. It took awhile, but Maysen was able to get a temporary set of keys. While she was doing that I brought up all her things and went to the grocery store for her. We didn't want her to leave her apartment while we were waiting. Her roommate still hasn't checked in. Luckily one of the RAs helped her, otherwise it would have been a long couple of days. 

While I was at the grocery store I saw the saddest thing. No fresh peanut butter. I have been looking forward to stocking up on this again. Oh well....
I left Maysen's and was hoping to make it home in time for Back to School night with Preston. I didn't make it. Traffic was so bad, it took me an extra hour to get home. I asked Mike if he had gotten a picture of Preston with his teachers. He did not. He was just driving away, but he turned around and got this picture for me. Ms. Wu was Jorja's teacher at middle school last year.
Ms. Wu, Preston, Mrs. Baird
Jorja seemed to have a fun orientation day. They had name tags for the kids to pick up. Each name tag had a number which signified the group they were in. There were 12 people in each group. Jorja and Isaac were actually in the same group together. Luke from our street was also in the group. The group leader, Austin, was asking Isaac what he did over the summer. Isaac listed a bunch of things and added that he hung out a with JJ. Of course kids being kids they started teasing Isaac about that. It becomes super obvious that Isaac and Jorja like each other. The rest of the day the group, even the group leader called them Jisaac. Well, I think the group leader still called Jorja by her real name. Anyways, they got a good laugh out of that. School starts for real tomorrow. Hope everyone is ready!

Maysen looked and looked for her stuffed raccoon to bring up to college. I told her I would keep an eye out for it. Preston found it in two seconds, then insisted he sleep with it. He misses Maysen already.
Preston

No comments: