Saturday, August 26, 2017

Avalanche

Mike, Maysen and I went to a huge Smith Family Reunion event. Two brothers, George and Thomas, and their posterity. They have this reunion every other year. Maysen received a scholarship from it, so she was asked to give a super short presentation. We were able to put our fingerprints on this tree posterboard. We were one of the firsts. Ours is at the very top. One of George's daughters is named Georgianna ~ that is close to Jorja Ann!
Mike's uncle, Brent, is the chairman. We had the meeting in 'The Rock Chapel' in Farmington. It's cool how the podium is off to the side, and look at that mural!
Brent
 Brent & Maysen
We left at the first break and went to Freddy's and then home. Jorja had just arrived home from softball practice. I took Maysen to her laser appointment, but she was unable to have it because she started medication for her bronchitis yesterday. (Her inhaler) I waited all day for the BYU game to start. 3:00. Maysen's appointment was at 3:00. I turned on the radio and they were just beginning the 3rd quarter! WHAT! I can't believe that Eastern time messed me up. Boo!

Mike took Maysen back to Logan. She is staying for awhile this time. Although I will need to get her for her appointment once she is off of antibiotics for five days though. Maysen getting bronchitis was my evil plan.
Stephanie & Maysen
 And she's gone . . .
I'm so glad Mike took her up this time. Logan Canyon was closed and he had to find a different way there. That would have stressed me out, plus it took him a long time. I found this information about the closure.
Mike got home late and exhausted. I dropped Jorja, Isaac, and Raina off at Alta's stomp. Jorja had a blast. Apparently it was all HYPE songs. They jumped up and down for three hours or so. Jorja's legs are pretty sore. No slow songs. That surprised me, but I was a teensy bit relieved. Jorja said she danced with Drew for a long time before the others joined her. The other kids seemed to enjoy themselves just as much as Jorja. It looks like this is going to be a fun year for her.

No comments: