Saturday, August 19, 2017

Cleaning the Sink

Mike and I drove away from home close to 8:00. The kids were all asleep in their beds. Stockton was sleeping in our bed in the back of the motorhome. We got to Logan about five minutes after checkout started. It was perfect. Stockton, Jorja and Preston stayed in the motorhome and played games while Mike, Maysen and I moved things into Maysen's apartment. She has the exact same room as last year. She likes that. We didn't bring all her things, but Mike was able to set up her computer and printer. We brought a few kitchen things and set up her bed. After that was all done, I talked Mike into going to Angie's. Actually, I started asking if we could go yesterday. Still he wasn't too thrilled. Clear back at Thanksgiving I took the kids to Angie's. Preston saw a table order the sink. He wanted to do it so bad. We were all completely full at that time and it seemed like a horrible idea. I told him one day I would take him back so he could do it. Since we were all in Logan, I really wanted to follow through on that. I finally convinced Mike to do it. It was so crowded and the boys waited in the motorhome. They came after we had sat down and ordered. I split different meals and ordered the sink. Preston was THRILLED! One thing to know about Preston is that he is absolutely hilarious. Now that he is growing up, he can make us all laugh our heads off. He's starting to figure out timing and when to stop saying a joke that worked once. Oh man. He had us cracking up the entire time we were in the restaurant. I love this picture of him. What a goofball!
Jorja's forehead, Preston so proud of himself, Maysen trying to get out of the picture
That picture might not look so impressive, but look at what this started out as! That is a lot of icecream right there. They did bring out six bowls and twelve spoons. Still, with all of us working on it I didn't think we would be able to finish it. Preston was determined though.
Stockton
 Stockton & Maysen
 The sink with random guys eye
 Preston thought random guys eye was so funny
 He kept blowing the picture up
Then Preston tried to airdrop those pictures to everyone in the restaurant. Listening to him explain what he was doing was hurting my stomach. I was laughing so hard. Our entire table was practically doubled over laughing at him. He reminds me so much of Mike.
Preston finishing up
 We convinced Jorja to drink the rest. She was so full, but all you have to do to get her to do anything is say, "I dare you".
Jorja & Stockton
 Preston ~ We did it! The lady behind him is even applauding! (Just kidding)
With our bellies about to explode we made our way back to the motorhome. We drove from Logan up to the cabin. The roads were great. We were worried there would be a ton of traffic going up to Idaho, but that didn't happen. Bubs and Matt and their families were already there when we arrived. Matt put on Moana for the kids. Jorja was in the motorhome and texted me to come outside. She was talking on the phone to Isaac. I chatted with him for a bit. Basically the breakup didn't stick. That wasn't too shocking. It was nice of Isaac to let me know. I asked him if he would still flirt with all the girls and let Jorja flirt with all the boys. I want them to make as many friends as possible. Mike laughed and said, "He gets the girl and permission to flirt with everyone else? What could be better?"

I stayed up late playing Dominion with Matt. We were the only ones up. I won. I was quite proud of myself. It made it worth being so tired. I only had one game in me though. On a side note . . . dropping Maysen off at college was a lot easier this year. Maybe it is because it is her second year, or maybe it is the fact that I didn't leave her there. I wonder which one it is?

No comments: