Monday, November 5, 2018

Kids Love Ducks

My cousin Jason and his wife Emily had their first baby on November 1. His name is Guy. He had trouble breathing after he was born. They did tests and discovered that his heart valves were switched. Today he had open heart surgery. At four days old. I can't even imagine. Luckily it looks like everything went better than expected. They were planning on leaving his chest open just in case they needed to go back in there, but he did well enough to close his chest. I can't even imagine this start to motherhood. Breaks my heart.

In not so scary news....Preston stayed home from school today. He was sick. If he is too sick to even sit by his computer you know he isn't faking anything. He slept for a lot of the day. I was trying to get him to watch tv. He doesn't like watching tv or movies much. I set up a place for him on the couch and made him look through Netflix with me. We looked for a long time and couldn't find anything remotely interesting. That is until we found Adam Ruins Everything. Preston thought that was the best show. He watched it for a few hours. It was great to hear him laugh.
Jorja
 Kiki
 Preston, Kiki, Quacky Chan
I totally forgot to go to the DLI parent meeting tonight. Whoops. I was worried how I would make it there with diving. Turns out I just didn't go. Why am I so forgetful now? I never used to be like this.

No comments: