Friday, May 8, 2020

Sneaking Out

Ellie called Jorja this morning and asked if she could come to the school right then to help with teacher appreciation day. Jorja hurried down there as quick as she could then went to breakfast with Kelsey afterwards. Elections for student government are going on right now. The paperwork to run is due on Sunday. I am soooo glad Jorja doesn't have to do that! Jorja's friend Alex is running for junior class historian. They take pictures. She sent Jorja this picture she took for the yearbook. (Alex is really good!) This is from the pep rally at the beginning of they year.
Aysha, Annie, Eden, Kelsey, Seurette, Chloe, Jorja, Jordan, Joe, Johnny, Luke, Marshall, LJ
 Jorja and Kelsey
 Jorja being a weirdo
 Bear smelling the flowers Scoop and Cori gave me for Mother's Day
Jorja worked tonight. She closed. It took her longer to get home than usual because when she went outside someone had spread trash all over the parking lot. It took her about thirty minutes to clean up. That's annoying. We were anxious to have her home because we planned to go night swimming! The pool is ready to use now and we wanted everyone to be there for the first time of the year. Stockton couldn't be there of course. We ended up getting in the pool about midnight. It was so fun! We swam for just over an hour. Jorja and Preston were crazy. They kept being dolphins and spitting the water at each other dolphin style. They would laugh and laugh. Mike had the pool so warm! I think it was 98 degrees. It was perfect!

We got inside a little after 1:00 in the morning. We started getting everyone ready for bed, but we were all pretty wide awake. I got Preston settled. He has been sleeping in Jorja's room for the last month or so. I asked him if it was because Maysen's bed was cozy. He said it was because Jorja was there. So sweet! (We have now made the guest room Maysen's room. She wanted her own space after having her own room at college for four years. I agreed that that was a good idea.) I went out to hurry Jorja along and she was by her phone. Right before we got in the pool she noticed a message from Conner. Just a how are you message. She responded so good! How are you? She looked at her phone after swimming and saw that he had said something So good! We need to hang. It is now after one in the morning and Jorja wrote something like Yes we do, I miss you! I get my work schedule next week. She was surprised because he responded right away and said Wanna sneak out? I'm just driving around. Hahaha So, when I went to hurry Jorja to bed, she showed me Conner's message. For some reason I thought it was hilarious. I know it doesn't make any sense. I should have been livid. I wasn't. I just thought it was really funny. I looked at Jorja and said, "Well, what do you want to do?" I think she was a bit confused because I get so angry if she isn't home by 12. She said she would like to see him. I told her it was okay as long as he knew she wasn't sneaking out. She also had other rules she would need to abide by. Now I regret not saying that she could go if Conner would pick her up at the door. That would have been hilarious! Anyway, Jorja wrote back that her parents said it was okay and asked if that took the fun out of it. Haha. Anyway, Conner picked up Jorja around 1:30 in the morning. I forgot that there is a call ahead order in place after 12. So, the guard had to call Mike in order for Conner to get in. If they had been trying to sneak out, I wonder how that would have gone! Haha Anyway, I got out my sewing and worked on Kaylee's stocking. Jorja kept me updated on where they were. Jorja hasn't seen Conner since he left on his mission, so October was the last time she had seen him. He was sent home early because of the fun coronavirus. They caught up with each other and talked until almost four in the morning. Conner showed her pictures from his mission. He also showed her some pictures he found in his camera role. These are from Jorja's sophomore year and Conner's senior year, when they became good friends. He sent them to Jorja which she was so happy about. She had been disappointed that she didn't have any good pictures of the two of them from that time.
Conner & Jorja
They took a selfie in our driveway when Conner dropped Jorja off. Jorja and I then talked for about thirty more minutes before we were both exhausted and ready for bed. I was so proud of Jorja for showing me that message. I know I surprised her by letting her see Conner this late. I talked to her about how she actually has more freedom when she lets me know what is going on. I'm okay with a lot of things if I understand the situation. Also, I made sure she knew this was an unusual situation and not to plan on other rondevuets like this in the future.
Conner & Jorja

No comments: