Tuesday, August 11, 2020

No More Wrapping

I took Jorja to the dentist this morning. She might have to get the same surgery Maysen and Stockton had when they were in 4th grade. They both had gum surgery. Eric wants Jorja to be seen by a periodontist, so we will have to figure that out. Jorja had a meeting with Packer and some of the other student government people. We didn't get out of the dentist office as early as we hoped, so we asked for a school excuse that she could give them. Haha

Bode, Jorja, Sadler
I took Maysen out to lunch to OHOP. While we were there I got several text messages from Jorja. She got her Step to the U grades. Two As and two B+s. She was shocked. She thought she would have three As. She had a 98% in the class she got a B+ with one assignment and final paper to go. They were both graded today. She got a 200/200 on her final paper and a ZERO on her assignment. That zero dropped her from a high A to a B+. Jorja spent three hours on this assignment and there was no explanation as to why she got a zero. If she even received 50% she would have an A in the class. I'm positive this is a mistake and have asked Jorja to write to her teacher. She is scared. She sent the email but says that Jose has never responded to one of her emails the entire semester. Great.

Maysen had an appointment at the burn unit today. Her wounds are healing up SO WELL! She doesn't have to wrap them anymore. It looks like she will only have minimal scaring. The burn doctors were awesome. They spent a lot of time with her and answered all of her questions. It was great. It is crazy going to hospitals now. They had guards before the parking lot asking why you were there. They had people stopping you at the entrance asking where you are going. They said Maysen had to go alone. I told them that I needed to be there to see how to wrap her. They said, "Oh, you need training. Okay." Then they let me in with her. I was glad because her appointment was pretty long and I think Maysen would have been a bit nervous alone.

Jorja and Sophie hung out today. They went to dinner and then came over here to make cookies and then delivered them to random people. Well, people who slid up on their stories when they asked who wanted cookies. This is the only picture I have of their adventures. I'm always after Jorja to take pictures, but I forgot to bug her about them today. I'm always after her to do it because she is the only one who usually does anything different. When I get behind on my blog it is easier if I have pictures to jog my memory. Although, I took zero pictures with Maysen at the burn unit, so I can't get after too much today.
Sophie
Mike finished the cinder blocks on the duck pond. It's looking so good!

No comments: