Saturday, August 8, 2020

Rafting and Jackson and Dipping

We went river rafting today! It was so much fun. We met at Steve and Sharon's cabin. The other group ended up only having one couple show up. A 14 year old boy and his mom. We went in one raft. It was super fun. The girls loved Steve and Sharon. They thought they were hilarious and awesome. Sharon was explaining something before we went, Kate turned around and said, "I like her." Haha. Dessa said she felt much safer than when she went last week with her family. Steve and Sharon are amazing.

Jorja, Janelle, Jake, Lucas, Kate, Dessa

Stephanie & Jorja

We only took one run this time. The kids wanted to go to Jackson Hole today as well. I took my group and headed to Steve and Sharon's while they went and got the car from the drop off spot. Our plan was to help them unload. We waited for a long time. I hiked around the property and talked to my cousin Terry for awhile. (They are doing their best Uncle George impression and putting in a water slide at their cabin.) Anyway, turns out that Steve and Sharon didn't know we were waiting for them and they had gone to lunch. Haha.

Jorja

The kids still had plenty of time in Jackson. I know they got pizza, but I'm not sure what else they did. They seemed to enjoy themselves though. Meanwhile Mike took Bear out on the boat and I watched the Jazz lose in double overtime to the Nuggets. Weird game with some crazy clock mismanagement in the final seconds of the first overtime.

Kate, Dessa, Jorja

Jorja, Dessa, Kate, Janelle, Lucas, Jake
Dessa, Janelle, Jorja

Jorja and her friends wanted to have a bonfire at the beach. We got the 4-wheelers ready for them and Mike loaded one up with wood and fire making goodies. Once they left Mike and I drove to the boat launch place to pick up the car. It was crazy crowded down there. We filled the cars with gas and Mike switched the towing to go from the van to the pilot. Anyway, after awhile Jorja and her friends were back. Jorja had a mischievous gleam in her eye. I asked her what she did. She laughed and whispered she went skinny dipping. Yep, the four girls all did. Jorja said she has always wanted to go skinny dipping in that lake. I knew it was on her summer bucket list, but I thought she could just use our pool and be by herself! Jorja said the boys were down the beach, but then I saw a picture of the girls. They were all in the water and you could just see their heads. I talked to Jorja about it. She said that they called Lucas to take the picture once they were in the water. He grabbed Janelle's phone from the 4-wheeler, covered his eyes, took the picture and ran away. Sooooo, as you can clearly see, Jorja has more faith in teenage boys than I do. We will let her believe there was no peaking involved, but I highly doubt it. I just hope there wasn't any picture taking while they girls were getting out... I mean Lucas and Jake are really good kids, but they are still teenage boys.

Jorja, Janelle, Kate, Lucas, Jake, Dessa

Jake and Jorja

No comments: