Monday, September 21, 2020

10 Years

Today marked Mike's 10 year anniversary at Overstock. I know because these delicious cookies were delivered today. Too bad Mike is at the cabin and can't enjoy them. The cookies were warm, so Mike said we could eat them... and we did.

Mike started working on the bunkbeds today. He tried a few different layouts, but I think this is the one he is going to stick with.
I called the school nurse today and asked about the quarantine order with Jorja's negative test. She is still quarantined. All the way. I thought she just wouldn't be able to go back to school for a bit, but nope, she can't do anything. Jorja is sad. Ella had invited a group of people to her cabin. She will miss that. Mostly she is sad she is missing the lantern festival again. She was so excited about it and not happy about missing it. She's not mad at me, but just sad about the situation...really the situation for her entire senior year and the last part of her junior year.

I went to order lunch for the girls. That is when I realized I left my credit card and drivers license in the pilot. The car Mike drove up to the cabin. Jorja's card number got stolen and a new debit card is on the way, just not here yet. We will be going a few days without money. I did have my credit card memorized, I just couldn't remember the expiration date. I was off on the year. I did remember the three numbers on the back though. At least I was able to get the food, it just took an hour longer than anticipated.

Parent teacher conference was today. We signed up online and did it through google meets, or something like that. It worked okay except Packer never showed up for my conference. I wrote him an email, but never got a reply. Jorja's volleyball teacher didn't show up either, but sent an email during the conference saying he was having technical trouble and he put an assignment for Jorja to do on canvas while she is quarantined. That worked out well. 

Stockton called and we got to talk to him. I would pass the phone to one of the girls when one of my conferences was starting. Haha. Seemed to work okay. I sure do miss that boy!

No comments: