Sunday, February 20, 2022

Grandpa Beck

Today was so fun! I woke up super early, which is always annoying. I did get some blog posts done and was able to talk with Melissa when she woke up. That was fun. We had zoom church and sacrament. Mike and Preston blessed the sacrament and Michael passed it. Jacob spoke in his ward. I wish we could have watched that! He talked about his mission. He emailed Shannon a copy of his talk and she read it to Mike and I. It was really good. He talked about humility and things that happened on his mission, when he got sick and sent home and how he is doing now. I'm so glad he is better. He is awesome.

We had fun playing inside and outside today. The rest of my kids took a turn on Sherry's oculus. Stockton was instantly good. I failed over and over. My highest was a B. Stockton played his first game on easy and got a perfect score. His second game was on normal and he got an A. His third game was on hard and he looked like he was doing awesome, but the headset ran out of batteries in the middle. That thing is pretty fun.

Stockton 
Mike
Jorja
Maysen
Mike and I took Sherry, Connor and Miah around on the sled chairs and pulling behind. We went on the big loop by Steve and Sharon's cabin and to the other entrance (not Chokecherry), went up to the springs and then back to the cabin. Connor and Miah had a great time pulling behind the snowmobile trying to knock each other off. One time they fell and Mike stopped behind us. He didn't do a graceful stop and Sherry ended up being tipped out of the chairs. She was okay though. We decided to do one run to the springs, since we were right by the bottom. Glad we did that because Mike found his goggles on the way up. He had been looking for those. When we got back Mike took Miah on a snowmobile run. She loved it. After she had changed out of her clothes he asked her if she would want to take the snowmobile on the lake bed. She jumped back into her snow stuff and was ready to go. Jorja, Sherry and Derek all went along. They had a great time. The snowmobiles can sure go faster than the 4 wheelers!
Jorja, Derek, Sherry, Mike, Miah
Jorja, Derek, Sherry
Sherry, Jorja, Miah & Mike
Derek, Sherry, Jorja, Miah & Mike
Trying to find a good place to cross the street
Usually the Chokecherry exit is the best
Miah & Jorja
Sherry fell off the back of Miah's snowmobile when she started to to drive away.
It is beautiful up here!
My dad sent some pictures of Bear dog. He asked how he could get him out of the kitchen. Hahaha. I told him to walk away with a plate of food. Mike says I should have told him to throw a ball. Bear dog is a good helper though.
Bear
Sherry and her family left this evening. We had the closing ceremony for the Olympics on and played games the rest of the night. I won Canadian Salad with a great Hail Mary at the end of the game. No tricks on the last round. Pretty proud of that. I went to bed around 11:00. I was so tired. The rest of them stayed up playing games. I'm not sure how long. When Mike came to bed he told me that they had a question about one of the rules in the new Cover Your Assets game. There was a spot in there where you could call Grandpa Beck if you had any questions. So Jorja and Preston did. And he answered. I'm unclear whether they called or sent a text. I'll have to find out when everyone wakes up. (Whatever they did it was late and he responded. Pretty nice of him!)
Shannon, Steve, Jorja, Derek, Preston, Stockton, Mike

No comments: