Monday, February 21, 2022

Snowboarding on the Lake

Nova and I were the first ones up. I got out my stacking toys for her. Much to my delight, she played with those for hours! Scoop and Cori gave me an Amazon gift card for my birthday and this is what I bought with them.
Nova
Melissa, Michael, Nova, Leo
Michael & Nova
James & Leo
Leo's hand, Steve's face
Nova
Melissa, Derek and their family left this morning. We headed out to the Springs when they left. Jorja came with, but the other kids didn't want to come. Maysen had to work. Stockton and Preston were making robots for their robot arena battle. They spent hours doing that and had a great time.
Steve & Mike
Taylor, Steve, Mike, Michael, Stephanie, Jorja
Stephanie & Jorja
We came back to the cabin and Mike took the chairs off the 4 wheeler. I grabbed Preston's head thing. It was pretty cold, so I'm glad I did. We went down to the reservoir bed and rode the toys around. It was so much fun! We brought a sled and a snowboard. We had a great time pulling people on the 4 wheelers with those and riding fast on the snowmobiles. I'm not sure how long we were out there, but it was awhile and we were COLD when we got back.
Stephanie
We only got a few videos of the snowboarding. It was a lot faster than these videos show, but man it is beautiful out here!
We cleaned up when we got back. We were the last ones to leave and I left with the kids before Mike was all the way finished. We stopped at the gas station and I filled both cars up. Then we went to the grocery store and I let the kids pick out snacks and Stockton and Jorja picked out some non-perishables they could take home. I snapped a picture because it's been a long time since I've been at the grocery store with all four kids. I love every second I get to spend with them. They are the best!
Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Maysen
Jorja called me after we had been driving awhile and wondered if I was close. I wasn't. She had gotten her bug stuck. Luckily while I was talking to her someone stopped by and helped them push the bug out. We listened to Harry Potter on the way home. I was so tired by the time I got home. It was about 10:00, but I am NOT a night person. Mike pulled in one minute after us, even though he left an hour after we did. We spent a long time in the store and then I drove very slowly. Plus I made two wrong turns. It was not my best drive. It was nice having Mike home though. We both drove down to my dad's house and picked up Bear. Bear was VERY happy to see Mike. It was so nice of my dad to take care of him while we were gone. Now we are back to normal. Everyone got home safely. Such a great weekend.





 

No comments: