Friday, August 5, 2016

Family Pictures

I finished John's Christmas stocking this morning!  I was so excited to give it to him.  I hope he loves it.  It is perfect for him.
My entire family spent the day together and it was awesome!  My dad made scones.  We had a number/letter system.  Here is Marie keeping track of her letter for her scone.
Marie
Stockton played with the little cousins all day long.  He taught them how to play scum.  They loved it!  They loved how silly Stockton was.
Skye, Grace, Stockton, Mina
Larkin, Marie, Ella, Abby
The 4-wheelers were a big hit....even if they weren't moving.
Trevor & Blake, John
Mike took John & Mallory and Matt & Anne on a sailboat ride.  Anne did not like it, but Mallory loved it.  Mallory jumped in over and over. It didn't matter that she was wearing a dress!  Mike said the entire way Mallory leaned over the boat with her head in the water.  She loved it! Mike called us when he was ready to be picked up.  Brett & Mike drove the 4-wheelers down to pick them up.  Mike (Smith) drove one back with John, Mallory and the boat.  Mike (Millburn) drove the other one with Larkin, Brett, Matt and Anne.  Mike wasn't used to having so many people with him.  He took a pretty steep hill.  Matt tried to warn him, but Mike thought he could make it.  He didn't.  The 4-wheeler tipped at the top, dumping Matt & Anne, Brett and Mike.  Larkin was holding onto the handles swinging in the air.  Brett and Mike got her down as fast as they could.  Matt rolled out of the way with Anne.  They were driving the 4-wheeler with the cage on it.  The cage held and didn't tip.  We are so lucky!  I wonder if my mom was protecting them. Anne did not like the fall, even though she has an awesome story to tell. Her foot hurt and she had it wrapped up most of the day.  It was so cute.  She always said her foot hurt when Sam was around.  When Blake brought out the water guns she had no problems with it.  I hope she starts feeling better.  She must be scared to death!  She kept saying, "My daddy saved my life!"
Stephanie & Anne
The kids wanted Mike and John to take them on a 4-wheeler ride.  I thought it was funny how all the kids wanted to be with Mike.  John kept saying things like, "I'm over here.....all alone...." I took this picture after Blake hopped off Mike's and went to John's.  It was even funnier before.
Larkin, Skye, Abby
Mike, Parker, Mike
 John, Blake, Trevor
One thing I really wanted to happen on this trip was to get a family picture.  This is the first time every member of my family is in one place since Matt's wedding.  Granted, the picture will only be current for a few weeks.  Still, I really wanted one.  I didn't want to deal with color schemes, makeup or hair.  We all just came as we were.  Maysen is in her pajamas.  Looking at the pictures with my brothers and sister-in-laws I realize I probably should have at least changed my shirt!  Oh well.  I still love them!  
Dad
Jorja, Mike, Stephanie, Preston, Stockton, Ange, Bubs, Maysen
(Back) Sam & Jeff, Anne & Matt, Brett & Eve, Rachel
Parker & Mike, Christen, Cassie & John
(Middle) Marie, Lincoln, Ella, Skye
(Front) Grace, Abby, Amelia, Mallory
Larkin, Blake, Mina, Trevor, Brandon
Hope you can follow my naming if ever it is needed.  Lots of people.
 I think this one is my favorite
I tried to get a picture of all the grandkids piled onto my dad.  That didn't work out too well, but this is what we got.
Eve's leg, Ella, Stockton's shoulder, Marie, Lincoln
Mike & Parker, Skye, Brandon
Jorja, Maysen, Grandpa's head, Grace, Abby, Preston's arm
Mina, Amelia, Trevor, Mallory, Larkin, Blake hiding, Jeff & Sam
 Now with Anne, but Parker's done
 Crazy kids . . . poor Grandpa
I didn't get a chance to snap individual family pictures of everyone, but I got a few.  I was so annoyed that I didn't get a cousin picture, but everyone humored me and let me get one at the end of the day.
John & his boys
Trevor, John, Brandon
 Cassie, Trevor, Brandon, John, Mallory
 Stephanie and Parker
 Stephanie, Parker, Mike
 Nationals Fans
Mike & Marie
 Parker, Mike & Marie
 All my brothers!
Spencer, Stephanie, Brett, Michael, Matthew, John
 With our dad
 The girls!
Angela, Stephanie, Rachel, Christen, Samantha, Cassandra
At least I think Cassie's name is Cassandra.  What a trouper Cassie is!  I think she is 37 weeks along. I would have had both of my boys by this point.  Cassie drove from OREGON!  They stopped every few hours to rub her legs so she wouldn't get blood clots.  Still.  She is crazy!  She loves our family.
Brett & Rachel
Grace, Mina, Eve, Marie
 Eve looks like she is saying cheese on this one.
 I love Marie!
 Silly faces!
 Skye, Blake, Mike, Larkin, Christen, Parker
 Silly faces.  Christen's makes me laugh!
Mike was anxious to get in another sailboat ride.  Of course it wasn't until he took off that I realized that I didn't get a cousin picture.  Mike took Jorja, Preston and Lincoln with him.  They went all the way to the beach on the other side.  We had never been there before.  It was really muddy.  They had fun hiking in the mud.  Jorja and Preston didn't have shoes.  They would probably have lost them anyway.
 Jorja
 Lincoln, Preston, Jorja
 Preston & Jorja
 Lots of people here, just like the old days.  I love it!
Bubs picked up the kids from the sailboat and took Lincoln straight back to Steve & Sharon's cabin.  I called and asked if he could come back.  Lincoln was tired and freezing, but he came.  I'm glad he did, because the picture with him looking at Anne is my favorite!  It's still hard to see everyone, but this is the best we could do.  The first picture is the only picture I have of Jeff's complete face.  I'll put the names on the other picture because it is easier to see people in that one.
 Amelia, Marie, Lincoln, Anne, Preston, Skye, Parker, Abby, Grace
Jeff & Jorja, Trevor, Ella, Eve, Maysen, Brandon, Stockton
Blake, Mina, Mallory & Larkin
 Look how cute Lincoln and Anne are!
Bubs was behind me making faces, if you can't tell by Millie's expression.  She thinks her dad is the funniest person alive!  Lincoln, Ella and Abby think he's pretty funny too.
 Grace is trying to make herself go blind
And that's a wrap for the day.  I stayed up super late with my brothers playing games.  When we went to bed we found out lots of the kids were still awake in the basement.  They were on the bunk beds listening to Stockton tell them a story.  Stockton was on the beanbag below them.  His story took hours.  Jorja and Preston slept through it.  They know how long Stockton can drag out those stories.  I know Marie and Mallory were still awake.  I think Skye and Larkin were too, but I can't quite remember.  Stockton is such a good cousin.  I think they will remember that for a long time.

No comments: