Saturday, August 13, 2016

Fish

Fish are gross, but my kids seem to love them.  They came back from Bridger Lake super happy.  They said it was colder than expected, but they still had a lot of fun.
Preston
 Stockton
 Jorja, Preston, Weston on the dock
Mike's toes
 Jorja
 Mike
 Bridger Lake
 Preston & Jorja
 Preston
Ummm.....yuck.  Preston loves fishing if you can't tell.  Jorja has been eating fish a lot lately.  She will get some fish that they have caught out of the freezer and cook it in the steamer oven to eat.  I'm glad she doesn't make me touch it.  I am glad that Mike and the kids are home safe and sound.

Stockton has been reading old editions of the Parry Post out loud. While we were at the cabin he specifically looked for information about my brother John's accident when he was hit by the car.  This is what he found, "Ron thinks I should retell the story of John's accident because somebody who gets this newsletter might not know about it.  I told him he was crazy and that anyone who gets this newsletter knows about it." Stockton thought that was funny because he wanted to know what my mom said about it, but couldn't.  Luckily a few pages later was the copy of the letter my mom wrote to everyone about what happened.  I'll need to show that to Stockton, because I don't think he saw that.  I think I'll write that on here one day.....

The other thing Stockton read from the Parry Post was when I wrote about Maysen going to Kindergarten.  I wrote, "Maysen has had so much change in her life since the last Parry Post.  The biggest change has been that she has started school.  She now goes to Kindergarten! She's going to go away to college next week!  It seems like her life is moving so fast."  I'm going to cry.  She really is going to college next week.  One week from today.  We are down to single digits.  I know this needs to happen, but I'm not ready for this part of my life to end.  I have loved it.  I don't like change. I'm going to miss having all of my children with me every day.  I know it isn't right to want them to live with me forever, because they would miss so much joy that will come into their life by having their own family . . . it's just that I'm going to miss this part of my life so much.  Raising them has been amazing.  It is so hard to let go, my heart feels like it is constantly breaking.  I am confident Maysen has picked the perfect school for her, and I know I am going to love watching her grow in ways she wouldn't be able to if she was still with me.  I'm just a bit selfish.  I love having her with me all the time.  She is wonderful.

No comments: