Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Marie's Baptism

I thought I heard my name early this morning so I bolted out of bed.  I looked out of our motorhome and saw Cassie and Brandon!  What a great surprise!  I went on a walk with them around the lake.  Steve and Sharon's new place sure is beautiful!  I was excited to see things that looked familiar.  It was so cool to see Grandma's bench sitting by the lake.  Perfect place for it!  I also loved seeing the tiny kids table in the kitchen.  So many memories of that!  They also found a perfect spot for Grandma's front room cabinet.  So great!
 Anne & Brandon
Marie was baptized this morning.  We pulled up to the church right at 10:00.  I couldn't believe how full the room was.  My eyes started to water as I saw so many of my Idaho Falls family there.  It was great! Rachel's dad and my dad both gave talks.  My dad used something he learned from Larkin's baptism.  He had Brett look in two different bags and had Marie pick a bag to get a prize out of....with her dad's help. One bag had a chocolate bar.  Her dad helped her know that was the right decision.  The other bag had a loaded rat trap!  Yikes!  My dad set it off with a pencil and boy that would have been disastrous if she insisted on picking that bag!  I also liked how my dad dropped a $20 bill and Marie gave it back to him.  He then dropped the $20 bill next to Eve.  She did not give it back.  He dropped it next to Grace, again she did not give it back.  He dropped it next to Mina.  She thought about it for awhile before she decided to give it back.  Was Eve and Grace sinning because they kept the money?  My dad talked about how you are born of the water and of the spirit.  He had Cassie stand up and pointed out how pregnant she is.  He talked about how the baby has been protected with water for almost nine months.  When Marie was baptized, she was born again of the water.  Then he said that for eight years your spirit is protected from evil.  When the eight years are up, you are given the holy ghost to help you.  I liked that.  Anyways, the baptism went great.  Marie sang a song called The Miracle.  I recorded it and wanted to put it here, but apparently it was too big of a file to do that.
Anne & Grace
Let's see if I can remember who was there.  My family, Bubs' family, Brett's family (of course), Matt's family and John's family.  My dad, Cathy and Max.  Terry & Debie, Savannah, Addi and Jacoby were there. Terry officiated and filled up the font.  That was so nice of him.  Terry has helped us out with selfless service many times.  John & Renee, Chad and Jeff were there.  Wow!  Brett and Chad were super close growing up!  Jackie and Courtney were there.  Steve and Sharon were there.  I know Tammi was there and I think Rozie was.  Lots of Rachel's family.  I know I missed people, this is what happens when you get a week behind on the blog, have no short term memory and mostly paid attention to watching babies.  Needless to say, the baptism was amazing and I love all of my family.
Brett & Chad
After the baptism we went to Big Jud's with some of my family.  Brett, my dad, Matt, and John's family.  The waitress was pretty scary.  The food was good.  Next was back to Steve and Sharon's lodge.  Ella had a craft that she helped the kids make.  It was a temple and turned out cute.
Mina
 Brett & Mina
I wanted to get a video of Eve crawling because it is hilarious.  I can't believe how fast she can crawl using this technique!
We played frisbee golf, paddle boats, horseshoe balls (not sure what that game is called), played with frogs and ate Rachel's delicious dinner.
Jorja, Beth
Max, Brandon, Grace
Mina, Marie (holding frog), Mallory
 Marie
 Mina with the frog!
Jorja sure played well with the little kids.  She brought out Horizon and let them watch her eat crickets.  That was a hit!  I stayed up really late playing Dominion with Brett, Matt and John.  I can't remember who won, so let's just assume I did.

No comments: