Sunday, October 29, 2017

Long Awesome Game with the Wrong Team Winning

The doorbell rang this morning. I was still in the bathroom combing Preston's hair. I was also still in my bathrobe. I made Preston answer the door. It was the missionaries. I went out and talked with them. They stopped by to pick up bread Mike had made. Mike makes four loafs at a time and usually gives the missionaries a loaf. Sister Arco hadn't seen Jorja's room, so we took her down to show her and to bother Porge. Sister Hutchinson loved seeing that Jorja had hung up her poster already. It was nice that Jorja finally cleaned her room yesterday too! The missionaries were teasing me because we had to be to church at 9:00. It was 8:45 and I was still in my bathrobe. I told them not to worry. I was good. We pulled into church right at 9:00. I'm very low maintenance.

My family sung with the ward choir in Stake Conference. We sang two songs. One of them is called Believe in Christ and it is one of my favorites. So beautiful. We also sang Abide With Me. I was next to Sister Carpenter who was the soloist. She was so nervous! Her voice is lovely though. One thing I didn't realize was that we would be sitting on the stands the entire time. The problem was Preston was sitting in the audience. I asked Preston if he wanted to sit on the stand with us. He didn't. Sue Beaudoin said she would sit by Preston and watch over him. Sue is awesome. She was Preston's scout leader years ago. Everyone loves Sue. I kept trying to look at Preston all during conference, but sometimes he was hard to find....

Conference was great. All the talks were so good. Anna and Harry spoke. I love listening to them. Jack and Renee Murphy's daughter spoke and was amazing! President Clark gave a great talk that I felt was an answer to our prayers. He talked about praying to find someone to serve. Now, this is nothing new, but I felt that he was speaking straight to Jorja. If she can change her mindset when she gets sad or anxious and immediately start thinking, "I feel myself starting to crumble, I need to find someone to serve right now." I think that would help her so much. I bet if she tried, every time things got too hard for her to handle, she could find someone else to make happy. I hope she tries to do this. I really do think this is Heavenly Father's answer to her right now.

Mike and I will be gone next week, so we had our family dinner today. Mike made more apple cider. He has now made over 100 jars of that delicious goodness. My dad brought Papa Murphy's pizza. Stockton said it was the best family dinner ever.
My brothers and I texted throughout the Dodgers/Astros game. It was a crazy good game. Too bad the Dodgers ended up losing. It was the second longest World Series game ever. Over five hours. Mike thought I was crazy for watching the entire thing. Stockton watched the end with me. Walk off single. Drat. John commented that this was the best game ever. So many good plays. (Just a way bad strike zone as Bubs would want me to point out.) It is fun to watch two teams play really well. I think Bellinger has become my favorite. I love being able to text my brothers and read their texts during the games. It reminds me of being a kid.

No comments: