Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Broken Heart

Jorja got her first broken heart today. She texted me this morning and said, "Isaac likes someone else now." I asked her if he told her that. She said yes. I texted Stockton and asked for him to look out for Jorja today. He said Jorja didn't seem in a bad mood. Student government sounded really fun. They went in the entrance chamber and did all these cheers and dances. That made me feel better and I was hoping for the best.

I went to Gavin's house for the exercising class, then I hurried to the temple. I have been able to go to the temple once a week for this entire year. I didn't want to mess up my streak. The temple was crowded today, so it put me a bit behind schedule.

When Stockton and Jorja walked in from school Jorja looked so sad. Stockton asked if he could talk to me first. He got a speeding ticket on the way home from school. This day just keeps getting better and better. The jeep's speedometer is broken, so whoops. We will have to deal with that when we get back in town. I am excited that we are going away. This will be good for Jorja to get out of the house. Especially to be with Weston. The bad thing about it is there was a lot of driving today. We took the motorhome and added Jacob, Weston and Erica to it. Jorja was able to sleep for a bit, but had a hard time again after dinner. I climbed up into the bunk with her and held her while she talked to me. I don't want to write what she talked about. I did tell her it was okay to be sad today, but tomorrow she needs to not let this get to her. She can have sad moments, but not a sad everything. Crossing my fingers with that one.

There was one point on the drive where traffic was bad. It put us behind by an hour. We got to Lake Powell pretty late. Jorja wanted to sleep with us, so we set up Stockton and Preston in one room and Mike, Jorja and I in the other. I had my arm around her all night. I could feel her crying a lot, but she didn't have one panic attack. That's progress!

No comments: