Friday, February 27, 2009

Once I Ate an Apple Core . . .

Once I ate an apple core & plus the apple seeds.
I also made my hot dog's wiener fly because it squeezed!
Once I gobbled down the orange flavored peels.
These rambunctious problems are with everyday meals.
The food started a riot. "Food Fight" everybody chanted.
So here's a knuckle sandwich. That's the wish that I have granted.
Me & my best buddies just thought fast & ran away.
"Hey" yelled the janitor. Attention we didn't pay.
We really got in trouble & got caught as we screamed.
We dove around the corner & the principal got creamed.
We ran back towards Uranus, but we couldn't find a shuttle.
But the teachers got us trapped. Now we really were in trouble.
We crawled through their legs & together we ran home.
& locked the doors behind us & we panted (gasp, gasp, ome).
Meanwhile back at the office with all the children groaning.
They each got a punishment & began to start moaning.
But I suppose you take advice from me & you'll be happy or . . .
get punished. But please never eat an apple core!
--Stockton Smith

No comments: