Friday, April 21, 2017

Gregory's Blanket

I went to Logan today to pick up Maysen. We packed up a few of her things. Mostly her closet and random knick-nacks. I'm so excited that she will be moving home in two weeks! I'm happy she has loved college. It will be wonderful to have summer with all of my kids at home. Maysen and I stopped at Angie's on the way home. I got a soup and sandwich, Maysen got a grilled cheese. We also shared a giant scone. We were both stuffed.

Stockton convinced Maysen to watch a few episodes of Bruno the Kid with him. Grandma Parry had something with Bruno the Kid on it down in the room the kids used to sleep in. Stockton found out what cartoon character it was and thinks it's funny to watch the show. I took that opportunity to finish Gregory's blanket. I made several mistakes, but when I give the blanket to Matt and Sam I am going to force myself not to point out the mistakes to them. I picked the same fabric that I made Stockton and Preston's blankets from. Grandma Parry made their comforters from this fabric too. Sharon gave us a box of cabin fabric a few years ago, and there was a lot of this fabric. I thought it would be perfect for Gregory. I hope the blanket looks okay with the back I picked out. I found fabric with lots of words on it. Things like: be happy, be yourself, forgive quickly, dream big. Tons of things like that. It made me think of Sam, especially since she likes words. Hopefully they will like this blanket.

1 comment:

Oregon Millburns said...

Beautiful job, Steph!!!! I adore the one you made Collin, so thank you for thinking of the babes that didn't get a Grandma Parry blanket! You did another fantastic job on baby Greg's blanket! You're the best Aunt!!!!!!!!!!