Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Biz Town

I got to help at Biz Town today. It was so much fun. I rode down with Megan Okerlund. It took us awhile to find the place, but we made it in time. We had a meeting explaining the day. I was teamed up with Suzanne Heaton at REAL Salt Lake. The goal was to try and make a profit by the end of the day. We for sure didn't do that! There was one kid that would not stay and help. He just wanted to wander. Once someone came to buy something and I was the only one there. I had to tell them sorry. We were told not to do their jobs for them. They fail or succeed on their own, it is supposed to be a safe place for failure. I guess they usually have REAL beanies to sell. We didn't have that this year. Just fun dip and weird watches. Also, they could buy tickets to watch REAL highlights. Our business was only allowed to accept checks. Lots of kids walked away when they found that out. Still it was a fun day. Jorja worked at Smith's when she was here. She told Preston the best place to work was Maverick. He ended up working at the bank and loved that. It is great because the kids need to cash their checks on their break, so he was always busy. Our kids had to try and convince people to come to our store. This is a pretty awesome field trip.
 This is where I (Stephanie) worked.
 The mini bleachers face a TV where the kids could watch highlights.
 Burke, CEO of Maverick, giving a speech at City Hall
 Preston at his job.
Preston and I got to eat lunch together. We had ordered a Chick-Fil-A meal. I'm so glad he still loves hanging out with me. I was quite tired at the end of the day. It was fun, but exhausting!

Jorja has been asking me if she could get a gym membership at Dimple Dell. Madison has a membership and walks there after school. Jorja thought that sounded fun and she has been wanting to start working out. We got her a year membership today. I hope she uses it! I would love for her to get in the habit of exercising a couple of times a week!

No comments: