Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Job Interview

I hate carpools. I have made a deal with Jorja that if she gets a 4.0 I will drive her to school for the next quarter. This seems to motivate her more than anything else. She will have to take the bus, not get a ride from someone else if she doesn't get a 4.0. Olivia asked if Jorja could take her. That didn't bother me. The first couple of days Olivia's friend Sophie was waiting with Olivia. That also didn't bother me. Soon we were driving up to Sophie's house to pick her up. I tried to not let that bother me. I was excited for Jorja to get to know Olivia better, but now Olivia and Sophie ended up talking to each other and Jorja was by herself. They weren't mean and they included her in conversations, it just wasn't as natural as I was hoping. One day when Sophie got in she said that her mom could drive sometimes too. I thought, "Wait, is this a forever thing?" Soon her mom called me and we figured out that Sophie's mom would drive on Mondays. I would drive on Wednesdays and Fridays. We would not do carpool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Sophie has to be to school early on Tuesdays and Jorja usually goes to the temple on Thursdays.) Sophie lives in Pepperwood, but it is in the opposite direction. We live right by the gate on the way out, so it is much more difficult for me to get Sophie than it is for them to get Jorja. I don't think they realize how much extra time it takes for us. Well, last week on Wednesday I had the car warmed up and we were about to take off when Jorja got a text from Olivia saying Sophie's mom was driving. I texted Sophie's mom right away and said that I was ready to go. She said Sophie had to bring things so it would be no problem for her to drive today. Okay. We waited, and waited, and waited. Twenty minutes later Olivia calls Jorja and says that they don't have time to pick us up, but Sophie's mom can come back and pick her up. WHAT!!! They don't have time to drive down our street. It literally would only take them one extra minute when it takes me TEN extra minutes. Jorja had been waiting for twenty minutes. So annoying! We jumped in the car and got her to school. I think she was a few minutes late. I just could not believe it. I would never not pick up someone when they are counting on me coming. Anyway, yesterday we don't have a carpool. I asked Mike to take Jorja to school because I was going to the gym for the first time. Right before they were going to leave Olivia texted and asked if she and Sophie could have a ride. They hurried out the door and Jorja was again late for school. Mike was so annoyed. That leads us to today. Jorja and I were ready. We left our house at 7:15. We drove to Olivia's house. We waited for ten minutes. We texted, we went up to the door and knocked. Nothing. Finally I decided we needed to drive to Sophie's house and we could come back and check on Olivia. We drove up there. Jorja knocked on the door. Sophie's mom answered. Sophie had already gone to school! She wasn't even there. No one had told us. We went ten minutes out of our way for no reason! We hurried back and picked up Olivia and went to school. I was really mad on the way to school. I hope I didn't embarrass Jorja. Jorja was late again. I can't stand this. I texted Sophie's mom when I got home to let her know I was done with the carpool. I can't handle the lack of communication and control. In summary, I hate carpools.

Preston on the other hand was stinking cute today. I got back from taking Jorja to school in a horrible mood. Preston comes up from his room dressed in a suit! He said he had a job interview today for Biz Town. He filled out a paper with his top three choices. I don't remember his third choice, but his second choice was CFO of Maverick. What did he put for his top choice? Teller. A bank teller I think. Haha! That made me laugh. He is so excited for Biz Town. I remember Jorja LOVED it. Such a cool experience for these kids.
Preston

No comments: