Sunday, March 11, 2018

Kermit

I picked up Jorja from Hailey's house this morning. Yay! I have my baby girl back! The original plan was for me to pick her up after church, but then Stockton was asked to speak and I didn't want her to miss it. Stockton has had a crazy busy week. His talk was great. Everyone loved it. I about died when he started singing in the middle of his talk! Especially since he started singing as Kermit the Frog! I couldn't even look. I kept thinking, "What is happening?" I was laughing so hard I was crying though. While Stockton was still speaking, but after he finished singing like Kermit, Jorja's friend Olivia texted her. "STOCKTON IS A BLESSING TO OUR WARD" Burke texted Mike as soon as Stockton finished saying something about how he usually falls asleep during sacrament meeting, but Stockton was awesome. Anyway, that was quite the experience.

I dropped off Jorja at Hailey's house after church. I saw her mom and talked for awhile. I thanked her again for letting Jorja stay and being her second mother. Jorja LOVES this family. The day she came over Hailey's five year old brother woke up and told his mom, "Our adopted daughter comes today!" I'm glad they love her so much! It is great for her to have a safe place where she belongs besides home. Melanie, Hailey's mom, told me that it was awesome having Jorja with them, but it also made them sad. She was talking with her husband about it and realized that this is what it would be like for Hailey if she had a sister. Hailey is the only girl with four brothers I think. Jorja and Hailey are so much alike, but Hailey is really shy. At home she is not though, just like how Jorja used to be. We love Hailey. I can't imagine her ever hurting Jorja. 

Mike took Maysen back to Logan this afternoon. My family came over for dinner. My dad fixed everything because he knew we wouldn't have time. My dad usually fixes most of the dinner but I add a token portion. Not today though. Jorja painted Anne's nails before they left. Anne loves it when she does that. She started acting so tired in an attempt to not leave the house I think. It was funny.
Jorja and Anne
It was nice to have Maysen here with us this last week. I'm going to miss her. Preston is really going to miss her. Those two are so cute together! Not long until she is home for the summer though!

No comments: