Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Hoedown

Mr. Packer called me today. He was looking for Jorja. He asked why I checked her out today. I didn't.  I did have her phone so he couldn't find her easily. I guess he called down to her math class right as the bell was ringing and Jorja was not there yet. Mr. Packer went up to her class and pulled her out of math. He told her that Dallen switched from running for Vice President to President. Jorja has been thinking she will be running unopposed for a week. Dallen technically switched after the deadline, so Packer was asking Jorja if she was okay with it. Jorja was under the impression that if she wasn't okay that Packer wouldn't let Dallen do it. That put Jorja in an extremely awkward position. She said it was okay. She loves campaigning. It's just that now it starts tomorrow. I'm glad we have her signs done, but without having an opponent she hasn't worried about it too much. Jorja came home from school and said, "I'm going to hate myself if I lose." I'm annoyed about this. Packer should make the decision himself and not put it on Jorja. Also, there are deadlines for a reason. Jorja has switched positions before, but usually there is only a day to decide to switch. Packer had the meeting first and let the kids have a week to decide to switch. Dallen didn't even meet that deadline. Anyway, now Jorja is really worried. I think most of it is this weird switch in her head she has to do, from knowing she had the job to the potential she might not get it.

Anyway, good thing Jorja spent so much time yesterday trying to learn the Hannah Montana dance. Her two friends were going to come over and do the video with her, but they never came. Jorja asked Mike and I to do it. We borrowed a unicorn mask for Mike from the neighbors and I told her I would do it if I could cover my face. She wanted us to be silly in the background. Mike wanted her to be in the shade so her eyes wouldn't be all squinty. We didn't realize until later that it made us more in the spotlight. Anyway, she is planning on posting this tomorrow.

No comments: