Monday, April 1, 2019

New Companion

Jorja and I tried to get her passport today. We went to Walgreens and got a picture for her. Jorja was mad because the lady told her not to smile so big. She said, "But that's my smile." She sounded so sad when she said that. The lady told her that they would send the passport back if she showed too much teeth. Jorja tried to not look mad in the new picture, but she still looked upset. She is frustrated because this picture will last ten years and she doesn't like it. I drove back home so Jorja could pick up her drivers license. She had forgotten it. Then we drove to City Hall, only to find out we needed a check. No cards or cash. Frustrating. We will have to try again tomorrow. Jorja was anxious to get together with Hailey and Emily. She had a small window before work.
Hailey, Jorja, Emily
I got to talk to Stockton today! He will be getting a new companion tomorrow and he is so excited! His name is Elder White. He called Stockton yesterday to ask him about things. Like does he need to buy a bike. Things like that. He is from Logan, Utah and has been out 14 months. He has never served in a bike area before. Stockton said he sounds funny and was quite impressed with him over the phone. He probably has already talked to Stockton more than his current companion. Stockton is nervous about being the one to lead the area when he feels so brand new, but he is super excited about it at the same time. I can't wait to talk to him next week and find out all about it! Calling home once a week is the BEST!!!

Jorja, Hailey and Emily planned to have movie night every night this week. They made a list of the movies they want to see. Today it was supposed to be at our house. Then they changed their mind. They left our house saying they were going to the store to get ice-cream and would be back, but they never came back. I finally texted Jorja and they were at Sonic. She ended up coming home after curfew and I was so mad. I texted her to let her know she had missed curfew. She said she thought curfew was 12. Nope. It was 11:30. I was so annoyed by the time she got home. I told her that she couldn't go out with Hailey and Emily tomorrow unless they came here. They could sleep over if they wanted, but I didn't want her out late again. I'm getting so frustrated with Jorja and her lack of caring about our rules.

No comments: