Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Marie Earns $100

My dad challenged his grandchildren to memorize the new proclamation President Nelson introduced last year. The Restoration of the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He wanted them to memorize it word for word and told them he would give them $100. It is LONG! Marie was the first one to take him up on it. She had that entire thing memorized. Perfectly. Then my dad asked her questions about it after. Who knew there was going to be a test!!! Marie nailed it! She was awesome! Brett helped her memorize it. They went around her bedroom relating different things in her room to the different pieces of the proclamation. Nicely done Marie!

Brett, Preston, Dad, Marie ~ My dad looks totally bored, but he was way interested. Haha

Dad and Marie
It worked!
My dad left to go back home today. I'm so glad he was able to be here for a few days! The kids loved it! He spent a lot of time outside driving the 4-wheelers. Cassie got a cool picture of almost everyone before my dad left. My family wasn't in the picture and I don't think Sam or Kaylee were, or Rachel and Cassie, but look at that representation!
Collin, Marie, Brett, John, Dad, Amy, Mina, Mallory, Greg, Matt
Grace, Brandon, Jeff, Eve, Trevor, Anne
Brett & Anne, Matt on the sled
John & Matt ~ just like old times
John
Matt
Brett
Collin & Dad
Grace & Anne
Dad
Dad, Grace, Marie
Jorja really wanted to go to Jackson Hole today, so Mike and I took her. We went up and got pizza and went to the game store. When we came here almost a year ago, we had a pizza called The Chew-BACA. It was so good! I had never had honey on a pizza before, and I loved it. Jorja and I were excited to get it again. It wasn't as good this time, maybe because we had high expectations this time. Or maybe there wasn't enough honey on the pizza. It was still good though.
Jorja & Mike
The Chew-BACA
Stephanie & Mike
Stephanie, Mike, Jorja
We had fun at the toy store. We bought a few games, a lava lamp for Maysen and a puzzle for Jorja. Maysen has wanted a lava lamp for years. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Jorja got a 1000 piece frog puzzle. We saw a 33,600 piece puzzle at the store for $400. Now that is CRAZY! Jorja loved the rainforest though!
Look at the size of that box!
We ended with the traditional pictures by the antler arches. It was a quick but fun trip. We got back just as everyone else was leaving for pizza. They were meeting Cassie's friends at a pizza place in Alpine. The missionary who baptized, or help baptize Cassie and his parents, who Cassie is super close with. I put together the dairy free houses while they were gone and made frosting. Mike helped me drop them off at Steve and Sharon's cabin. Matt and Sam will have three dairy free houses to decorate when they get a chance.
Jorja
Jorja, Stephanie, Mike
Also, the BEST NEWS!!!! This morning I saw an email that was sent yesterday. It has STOCKTON'S FLIGHT PLANS!!!!! He will be coming home February 3rd at 10:01 am! Woohoo!!! I'm so excited! Stockton has been telling me for months he thinks February 3rd will be the date, but I'm glad that I have official documentation of that with flight plans and everything. So excited!

No comments: