Sunday, December 27, 2020

Stephanie's 47th Birthday

It's my birthday! Mike took this first picture at 6:30 in the morning. He went back to sleep. I was up early and was able to do my blog before anyone else got up. I'm going to try really hard and do it every day during this trip, even though I'm two weeks behind.... ugh...

Today was fun. We sled lots and played games. Jorja and Preston went out today. I hope Maysen goes out sometime, but she hasn't wanted to yet I guess. I wanted to race Preston, but it never worked out before he went inside. The day went by so fast! One time I came up the hill and Jorja was holding Mike's phone. She said that people from church needed to talk to Dad. I asked her what time it was. It was 12:45. Wow! That went by fast! Church starts at 1:00, so I figured someone was having problems with zoom. I hurried down the hill to tell Mike, but he was heading up right as I was coming down. I yelled, "Church people need you!" a few times. He didn't understand. I hurried back up, but didn't see Mike. I figured he got inside. Right as I was about to go down I saw him coming up. He hurried inside and was able to help Brother Masters with the sound on zoom. We all came inside and had church and the boys blessed and passed the sacrament after. It was perfect!

Mike and Jorja
Cassie brought giant gumballs ~ Jorja enjoyed
Jorja and Preston
Jorja spent a lot of time today making two cakes for me. The rectangle one is a lemon cake. The round one is a chocolate orange cake. They were both delicious. The orange one Jorja made up as she went and I loved it. She spent hours making these, that was so nice. 
Kids ready for cake! Trevor, Eve, Mina, Mallory
Stephanie & Mike
Grace, Maysen, Cassie, Brandon's eye, John's shirt
Stephanie blowing candles, Collin's head, Trevor, Eve next to me, Jorja making a silly face
I spent a lot of time outside with Mike and my brothers. Debie, Tyler and Missy came and sled for a bit with their group. That was fun! They made a shortcut between our two cabins. Tons faster! Matt was over here outside a lot today. Anne made drawings for all the cousins. Everyone came outside so she could hand them out. My dad got here right before cake. Perfect timing. What a fun day. On a sad note... I waited all day for Stockton to call, but he never did. I wonder what happened. I carried around my phone with me or made sure someone was close by. Mike finally texted him in case he forgot it was my birthday, but he didn't call. I guess he was busy? Oh well. I'll get to talk to him tomorrow and he comes home in six weeks....
Week 18
Two funny stories. A few years ago, Markell contacted John about some immigration questions. They emailed back and forth for awhile. John's Internet connection at home could be super slow at times. John started typing an email to Markell before the slow bar started going and he closed his laptop and decided to finish it after work. When he got home, John opened up the email to finish it and he saw one of his kids had beaten him to it. John had already typed, "Hi Markell," One of his super young kids then typed, "I hate you" and sent it to her. Hahahahaha That made me laugh so hard.

Second story. John just woke up and asked if I brought him Grace last night. (Brett's girl) I didn't. Mike didn't. Maysen didn't. My dad didn't. That is who is up right now. We think Grace came up by herself. She told John she was having a nightmare. John held her all night long super tight as she shivered. We think she thought John was her dad. John and Brett do look a lot alike. So cute.

No comments: