Monday, December 28, 2020

NOT Fans of Certain Sister Missionaries

Mike was outside working on something on the 4-wheeler. For some reason a lot of people were watching out the window. I heard them all gasp/laugh at the same time. Bear had finally decided he could get through the gate Mike put up. He backed up and launched himself through the bottom. This is Mike's temporary solution.

These pictures uploaded in the wrong order again, and any time I try to move them around they delete... so annoying. Anyway... here is my story. Stockton texted me early this morning with the following text thread picture and said, "So some sisters texted President on the 26th and this was their conversation. We were not thrilled. I am so sorry. Happy birthday Mom! I hope it was okay. I'll call you soon."
I texted back and asked if the president thought they were talking about siblings, because this is what the church said when the mission calls home were changed.
I think that is what happened. It is sad that it happened the day before my birthday. Stockton said he was working on his coming home stuff he had to fill out at the church at 9:00 when the sisters came and asked him if they were allowed to call home on families birthdays. He said yes, you can call home on parents birthdays. They were happy to show him the text message. Just a few hours before my birthday. I am annoyed with them. I think they were just trying to get extra phone calls and ended up making it so I couldn't talk with Stockton. Stockton is such a rule follower, which I absolutely LOVE. I just wish he would have followed the missionary handbook instead of the sister missionaries vague text. The worst part about it was Stockton spoke in church ON MY BIRTHDAY! We could have watched him speak for our church! Many of his little cousins could have watched their older cousin speak about Christ for church. It would have been amazing. Stockton didn't tell me about this on Christmas because he knew he would be talking to me that morning. Little did he know that some lame sister missionaries would ruin this. (I don't care if I sound mean, I'm mad at them.) Stockton tried leaving me secret messages. He left this message on  his journal plates he is writing. He had the zoom link there, but took it down after church. He said he kept praying that I would see his messages. I didn't. Mike thought it would be funny if the mission president sent out a clarification today saying that parents birthdays were allowed, so the only day you couldn't call on your parent's birthday was December 27th. I'm positive that this was a miscommunication. I am so sad that I missed watching him speak in church. I would have loved that. It would have been the best birthday present. Those sister missionaries are dumb. 
We took the kids skiing at Kelly Canyon today. Rachel and Marie came too. We were able to talk with Stockton on the hour drive to skiing and the hour drive back. I know I shouldn't be too mad when I get to talk with him a lot. It was just the worst timing. I worried the entire day that I was going to miss his call and I was always asking someone to watch my phone if I was away from it. I talked about him calling all day long. Then I worried that he forgot it was my birthday. It made me a little sad. Then when I found out I could have watched him speak in church as a missionary I was so disappointed. I would have loved that so much. I'm so annoyed at those girls.

Anyway, it was great talking with Stockton. He told us about being at church when he was serving in Tucson. They had three minutes before church started and wanted to do some good. They had met someone from New York who had started visiting the ward. She didn't live in the boundaries, but came to church with her uncle. Stockton randomly decided to introduce her to the Ferguson family. They started fellowshipping her and she has become super close with that family. She sent Stockton this text message on Christmas. That made him so happy.
It was great talking with Stockton and I'm glad we got to talk so long. Too bad we were always on the road so we couldn't see him. I had asked him on Christmas if we could do a zoom video thing for my birthday so we could see him. I thought it would be cool for everyone that was here. At least my family got to talk with him. Just would have been super cool for the little kids too. I also asked Stockton to send me a picture of the big shirt he got from Nikki's family. He sent me this picture. They gave him the leprechaun too. It doesn't look too big here, maybe more so in person.
Stockton
Skiing was fun and not fun. It was soooo cold. We waited in line for TWO HOURS to rent stuff. We had no idea it was that long of a line. Then we waited so long we didn't want to give up. When we finally got our stuff we split up with Rachel. She took Marie to a small hill and we went up on the chair lift. I had gone to the bathroom and when I came back Maysen and Preston were already on the lift. I was a bit scared because I wanted to do something super easy to get muscle memory back. We ended up going down some blue hills and I wanted to cry. I just kept thinking about how bad I hurt myself years ago skiing. I did not like going down those hills at all. I'm sure I would have been fine at the end of the day, but I did not like it at all for the first run. The kids did great. Maysen and Jorja were so happy to be skiing. Preston fell so many times on the first run and would just laugh and shout, "Fell again!" He had THE BEST attitude. He was doing great by the end of the day. We only were able to go down four times I think. Our passes were until 4:00 and we spent two of those hours in line. Oh well. The kids still loved it. I was so cold by 4:00 and was not sad at all to go home.

My dad gave us his Christmas presents tonight. He gave us a print version of his blog and a flash drive of him telling stories. For the kids he gave them giant candy bars. He had asked us what each of their favorite candy was. I laughed when I saw Eve got Mr. Goodbars. Haha. My dad sure struck gold with this. Pretty cheap present and the kids were thrilled! Collin's face when he opened his pack of marshmallow cookies was awesome! He cheered jumping up and down. He was so happy! Hahaha Grace ended up eating all of her candy and told Brett that her tummy hurt and she wished she had eaten zero. Life lesson there!
Trevor, Mallory, Mina, Marie, Dad, Grace, Eve, Preston
With Collin
With Brandon
I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning playing Hokie Golf with my dad, Brett and John. It was fun. I totally thought I would win. I had an awesome hand on the 17th hole and was winning by quite a bit. Too bad my 18th hole was awesome and Brett ended up squeaking out the win.

No comments: