Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Need to Journal

I need to journal. I know I do. In my Patriarchal Blessing it tells me to. I have comforted myself in saying, "You do the Parry Post. That should count as your journal." I think so. But, I pulled out my blessing last night, which I haven’t done in a long time. "keep a daily journal, and in the journal you should not only record your experiences, but your feelings and thoughts and your testimony, that your posterity who will come after you may gain strength of testimony and increased faith by the things that you have experienced in your life." I have read this passage many times. I know I need to do this. But for the first time the word DAILY stood out to me. Crap! I guess the Parry Post just isn’t going to cut it!

I have been meaning to start a blog, so I guess I will kill two birds with one stone. I am nervous at putting my thoughts and feelings out in the mystical blogosphere for anyone to come across. But, I’m just going to ignore the fact that other people might find my blog and read it. So, if you don’t like my feelings, then don’t read my blog. Problem solved.

One problem about me is I’m a perfectionist. A very bad perfectionist. I guess you would call me a procrastinating perfectionist. Hopefully, I’ll just figure out this blog thing as I go and stop worrying about it being perfect. My spelling definitely won’t be.

I’m going to stop now. Apparently I need to write everyday, I don’t want to put all my thoughts down today and leave nothing for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Congratulations on getting started!

Brett - Rachel B said...

I know how you feel - it does seem weird to blog and put your feelings out there- but it's fun! And who cares if someone doesn't like your postings (not that they won't!) - if they don't like it they don't have to read it!

But I like it! Keep going!