Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reading is a Waste

Stockton hates school. He tells me this all the time. So, I was completely surprised to find out how much he loves poetry. I have tried to get him to put his poems on his blog, with no success. But now I have a blog!




Reading is a Waste
Reading is a waste, reading is a bore.
I can’t concentrate on reading, so I drop it on the floor.
I hate reading Big books & I hate reading small.
Nor little, wide, or skinny, or boring books or tall.
Chapters lose my pages, & easy has no rich words,
I hate reading about rocks & I never read on birds.
On tips or trees or math or anything with school.
I’ve had enough frustration & barely any books are cool.
Some books flip the pages or are too much fun to read.
Like lifting up the flap books, or I have more fun with my beads.
Astromics are my thing, as long as they’re not in books.
Or any "How to" books like, "How to be the cook."
I’m through with it, I’m stressed!
I refuse to pick books up! & waste time by reading?
What’s wrong with life? Start fun up!
My mom asked me if I finished.
"Yes, trust me, no tricks"
But I crossed my fingers, cause . . .
I used it up on comics!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hooray for Steph! Welcome to the blogosphere.