Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung By the Chimney With Care

We spent the day finishing our Christmas decorating. I love the way my house looks at Christmas time. I love my Santa Clauses. I love my stockings. Sharen (Mike's mom) hand made the three Santa Clauses you see on our mantle. They are beautiful.
I was so excited to get a package in the mail from Debie! Mike and Preston's stockings came! I make the Christmas stockings I want, then she puts them together for me. I am so nervous I will trip at the finish line and mess up the back. Luckily, Debie humors me and does a terriffic job. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


I'm working on my felt stocking now. I couldn't get it finished in time for this Christmas. DRAT!

And since I'm showing off my stockings, here are the upstairs stockings. These are ones I have cross-stitched. Santa only fills the upstairs stockings, the felt ones are just decoration.


This is how our TV cabinet looks. Sharen use to give us a homemade Santa each year. A couple of years she helped me make them. Then I moved away. In 2001, they found a tumor in her eye. She had to have surgery and lost most of her vision in her eye. She wasn't able to make the Santas like she use to. She started buying us a nice Santa each year. Christmas always reminds my family of her. We have so many good memories. On December 6th, it will be three years since she passed away. It's hard to believe she has been gone that long. We all miss her terribly.

Sharen gave us this nativity as well. We sure were spoiled. How thankful I am that we know we can live together as a family. Our mother's deaths would have been unbearable without the knowledge we are so blessed to have. (Although even with that knowledge, it sure hasn't been a walk in the park!)

7 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Those stockings look good! I hope I have a finished stocking to show you....

I love that Nativity! The coolest one I've ever seen!

The Jensen's said...

I loved reading your blog. I didn't know you had one till I spied it on Brett & Rachels. It was so nice to play catch up on what you guys are doing. Your Kids are getting so BIG! I would love to send you an invite if you want to my blog. Just email me your email address at:
4jensens@skyviewmail.com
I also LOVE your stockings! I wish I was crafty like that!
Love, Brittany

Christen said...

That is my favorite nativity set ever. Someday, when my Mike has a job, I think I'll buy it!

I love those stockings. I'm still on the hunt for some that I love. Until then, I've invested in some $1 store specials. :)

Stephanie said...

Christen,

I tried to talk Mike (your Mike) into getting you the first piece last year. The trouble is, they don't let you buy it piece by piece. You have to get 6 pieces to start your collection! Obnoxious!

Heather said...

I am almost finished cross stitching the same stocking that you did for Stockton! Zac wanted that stocking for him. I love decorating the house. Your house is looking wonderful!

Stephanie said...

Heather,

That stocking took me 2 years to finish! (So did Preston's). Brooke and Courtney also made that stocking...I'm pretty sure. I love it! (Brooke made hers super fast)

Christen said...

Steph - just saw your reply (hope you get this one)! Whaaat? Mike didn't think I was worth spending hundreds on? I mean, the nativity does represent the Savior, after all. Sheesh.

I'm kidding. But, don't you let him forget when he has a job!!! :)

p.s. love that you told him that - how do you always know the perfect gifts for people? at least for me.