Thursday, May 24, 2018

Lemon

I spent most of the day getting ready for Florida. Laundry, packing, trying to finish up graduation announcements, errands. I decided I would hand deliver Brett and Rachel's announcement to them, but I'm pretty sure I left it on the kitchen table. The weather in Florida isn't looking too great. Stockton will be diving in an outdoor pool, so this weekend might be interesting.
John & Cassie's daughter, Mallory, had surgery today to remove a tumor on her thumb. It looks like everything went as well as it could, so that is a relief! Jorja had her orientation for Chick-Fil-A today. They had it at a bakery store. She texted me a picture of her new badge while I was on the plane.
Hailey picked up Jorja from orientation and they went to the State soccer game at Rio Tinto Stadium. They won in overtime. It sounds like Alta threw in the ball from the sidelines. The ball ricocheted off a Viewpoint player and into the goal. Pretty crazy to win that way. Alta won state last year, this is the first time the Alta boys soccer team has won state back to back. How fun for Jorja to be there.

Stockton and I took the red eye tonight. I didn't pay extra to choose our seats and didn't realize how early I could check in. As a result, we weren't sitting together. We were on the same row, both in the middle seats. It sounds like I got more sleep on the plane than Stockton did though. Gavin and his dad, Nate, flew out ten minutes after us on JetBlue. We were on Delta. We landed in different terminals but were able to meet up at the car rental shuttle. Lucky for us Nate rented a car and was willing to be our chauffeur. This was the sight in the parking lot at Sixt rental. It made me laugh.
The boys were hungry so we stopped at Burger King for some breakfast. We then went to our hotel hoping they would have a room available. The lady laughed when Nate asked if they had early check-in. She said early check-in is usually 12:00, this is super early. She found a room for Nate though. They only had king beds available. It was great though. Nate and Gavin slept on the bed. There was a pull out single bed that Stockton slept on and I slept on the cushions of the bed on the floor. We got a couple of much needed hours of sleep that way.

No comments: