Thursday, January 17, 2019

End of Quarter

Today is the last day of the quarter. I checked Jorja's grades before I got her up. She wasn't doing too well. She had a C+ in math and a lot of her grades had dropped. I told her about it when she woke up. She was devastated. When she went to bed she had all As and a B+ in math. She checked right before midnight. Jorja finally got up and was able to get to school after first period. She was sad to miss student government. I am so tired of her being sick. I know she doesn't like it either. Mike was worried she is going to make this a habit. I told him that today was obvious that she was sick. She has just been sooooo sick for sooooo long. It is sad. I texted Jorja around lunch time to find out how she was feeling. She said, "Sad mostly." Dang it. This quarter has been rough!

I went to lunch with Jacqui Scott and Megan Okerlund. It was great. I picked up Megan and then we headed to Treehouse to pick up Jacqui. Ashley is working there, so she dropped off a car for her. We talked and talked and talked. It was nice to be with them. It seems like it has been so long! Jorja texted me to let me know that her math teacher is going to let her retake a math test that she took at the beginning of the quarter. That is so nice! He gave her a review sheet that will help her. She was also planning on going on a date with Traven, but he had to change it until later in the day because he had a soccer game. I got worried that she wouldn't be able to study for her math test. No worries. There was actually a Corner Canyon/Alta girls basketball game that he needed to go to. That was nice because he cancelled, not Jorja and she was able to study for her test. Stockton helped her for a long time. I'm going to miss that. He is so good to her. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't work out. I did get a picture of baby Amy though. Mike and I ran down to Matt and Sam's to pick up some of the cabin sheets they had. Amy just got out of the bath as we were leaving. She's adorable.
Amy
Jorja stayed after school today to audition for Region and State in Theater. She was supposed to perform at 3:45. I was almost to the school to pick her up when she texted that she hadn't even gone yet. I waited in her car until my toes were frozen. She was finished almost an hour later than she thought she would be. She thinks they did okay. They couldn't perform their entire scene because of how late the auditions were going. Right when Jorja and her two friends got up, they told them that the rest of the auditions would be shortened. Jorja had a few lines, but her two big ones were cut. She wasn't too disappointed with that, especially since she just memorized them last night. Anyway....after studying math until close to 10:00, Jorja left to go to a student government sleepover. I hope she doesn't stay up too late. She promises she will be home by 8:00 to take her math test. Let's hope. Today was super hard for her to get up. The exhaustion that comes with mono is no joke.
I found the picture! Mike had it on his phone.
I love how close Jorja and Stockton are. Best friends. We're going to miss him.

No comments: