Monday, January 14, 2019

Letters of Recommendation

Stockton met with President Rich for some temple prep classes. He got both of them done today. I didn't get a chance to talk to him about how he felt about it because I was on the phone with Evan's mom. I also talked to Rachel today, and that was nice. I talked to Evan's mom for a long time. Jorja and Evan don't hang out like they used to, so I don't have a chance to interact with her very often. I called Megan today. Yesterday I heard a rumor that the district is going to move the Chinese program over to Corner Canyon and have the Alta kids go there. It is frustrating because Corner Canyon is the new school. It looks like a college campus, everything is so nice. It is also overcrowded. Why would they want to stuff a bunch more students in there. Corner Canyon is known for their money. It's flaunted and talked about. Their parents usually get what they want too. Not a fan of this idea. Some Alta parents have set up a meeting with the superintendent on Wednesday. I'm going to try and go to it.

Jorja has been super busy lately. Morp is finally over, thank goodness. The quarter ends on Thursday. She is trying to get her grades decent before that. She also has wanted to apply to be an exchange student in Taiwan for a month this summer. It is for a leadership thing. She would be able to go to ten different high schools and meet the students there. It sounds perfect for her. It is a very competitive program and requires three letters of recommendation. She received two of them today. Both of these are from the Chinese teachers she has now. She is in the concurrent program. She has an Alta teacher and a teacher from the University of Utah that comes down once a week to meet with the kids. It's really cool. Both of the Chinese teachers wrote her glowing letters of recommendation. Jorja couldn't believe how nice they were. Jorja forgets sometimes how amazing she actually is.
Jorja had work today. It worried me because she was going to be working with Mitchell. I don't want her to kiss Mitchell at work. I started getting worried that they would get into a habit of having their breaks at the same time and deciding to go on 'walks' during their breaks. I didn't want her to kiss him after work either. I know I shouldn't be this worried after one peck, but I really am. I felt strongly all last week that she was going to kiss someone on Morp and it was not a good thing. Now I am just extremely paranoid. Before Jorja left for work I talked to her about not kissing Mitchell. I told her it would be a bad idea to kiss him at work. She should not do it. She thought I was ridiculous, but I wanted to be clear. Apparently Saturday when I asked her not to kiss anyone or pair off with anyone she thought I was talking about Gabe. So frustrating! I am super clear and she chooses to interpret what I am asking anyway she pleases. The only thing that made me feel better about sending her to work was she isn't closing tonight. She ended up texting me saying she would be late because it was super busy. Then she texted asking if she could wait until Madison's dad came. Madison was sad because a boy there was being rude to her. When Jorja got home we went and picked up Madison. We played some Jackbox games with her. She was good at it. The only picture I have was from Jorja though. The problem was: I don't have time to take a shower. Jorja meant to write Don't. This is what it turned out as. Hahaha.
We dropped Madison off and I talked to Jorja for awhile tonight. One of her friends was not being very nice to her. He found out she kissed Mitchell on Saturday. He did not take it well. He sent her messages. He subtweeted her a lot. I guess subtweeting is when you put something on twitter, don't say who you are talking about, but it is obvious to everyone who you are talking about. Usually it's not very nice. He told her that he had lost a lot of people in his life, dealt with a lot of heartache, had broken bones - but nothing has hurt him as much as when she told him she kissed Mitchell. Well Jorja, there are consequences to things. She has messed up several friendships over kissing. Sometimes with the boy she kissed, sometimes with people she hurt because of the kiss. Kissing is overrated. Especially in high school. I wish Jorja realized that.

No comments: