Thursday, January 3, 2019

Trapped Duck

Yesterday when I went to warm up the car I heard water running. I walked towards the sound and felt water everywhere. It was pitch black, but I knew something was wrong with the duck pond. I woke up Mike. One of the pipes had burst and water was all over our driveway. The pond was almost empty. There was ice at the top and a tiny hole. Quackletta was stuck under the ice. Waddluigi was upset and kept marching around looking for her. Mike broke the ice and Quackletta flew on out of there. This is what it looked like after the ice broke.
Jorja wanted to go to Target to look for a jar. She is writing one good thing that happens each day and wants somewhere cute to collect them. We didn't have any luck though. We did find this notebook that made us laugh.
We stopped by Nordstrom Rack to see if they had any red heels. No luck. Jorja had to hurry home to go to work. This hoodie came up on my Instagram feed. What a perfect shirt for Jorja! Not to mention the fact that she was born in Georgia too. Jorja didn't think it was that cute though. Hutch said they needed to make it with their own font. I wonder if Instagram knew we used to live in Georgia, because that is kind of spot on. How good are their algorithms?
Stockton, Jorja and I stayed up late last night talking and laughing in the guest room. That is where Jorja has been sleeping for awhile now. It is so hard to force them to go to bed. I know Stockton won't be here much longer, I can't bare the thought of ending any sibling bonding. Jorja is going to be tired tomorrow!

No comments: