Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Fixing Things

I was in a really bad mood this morning. I tried not to let what happen with Jorja last night bother me, but I couldn't help it. I knew she had lied to me and I don't know how to deal with people without facing the problem head on. I think that is a big difference between me and Jorja. She runs away from her problems and doesn't want to think/talk about them. I can't. I know it can be awkward sometimes, but if something is bothering me I have to have a conversation with that person. My eyes kept filling up with tears all morning long. I kept thinking that the relationship I had with Jorja was not real. I was so hurt. Jorja was sitting on the stairs and Mike sat next to her. I could hear them whispering. He basically said that I knew more about her first kiss with Conner than she realized and I knew more about her kiss with Traven than she realized. (I asked Jorja right before she went to bed last night if there was anything she hadn't told me. Specifically relating to Conner and Traven. She said she had told me everything, which I knew wasn't true.) She started crying and told Mike that she didn't want me to think she was a bad kid. Jorja ended up writing me a note telling me everything. The stupid thing is, why would she think I would think she was bad? I know who she is. Even when she makes mistakes, I know her heart. Anyway, our family played another escape room game which helped things between Jorja and I. That game was HARD. The puzzles were crazy. It was really fun though. After the game Jorja and I went to pick up Hailey to look for Sweetheart dresses. On the way to Hailey's house I said to Jorja, "You know we are going to have a long conversation tonight, don't you?" She knew. Although I'm writing about this, I hope anyone reading this doesn't think Jorja is a bad kid. I was mostly frustrated that Jorja lied to me. She had told me her first kiss with Conner was when he dropped her off after decorating for Homecoming. I found out they had actually gone to a movie together and he kissed her in the movie theater. Jorja wasn't 16, so that is why she hid this fact from me. It just made me really, really, really mad.

Jorja, Hailey and I went to Fashion Place Mall. Sherry had told me that Dillards would be a good place to look for dresses and they were having a sale. It was crazy in there. Jorja tried on a lot of dresses. The white one was her favorite. It is one size bigger than she usually wears, so we aren't sure about it. The lady helping us said she couldn't look to see if they have any zeros at other stores because of their sale. She said to come back tomorrow. We ended up buying the white dress. Dillards has a 30 day return policy, that way she can keep looking for something better, but she has something if she needs it.
Jorja ~ Cute, but she wanted a dress that would twirl
 This is the one we got. She wants to wear red heels and lipstick.
Another choice
Jorja was getting pretty dehydrated. We hurried to the food court and asked a random store for water. Luckily they were okay getting us some without buying anything. Jorja really wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory. I took the dress out to the car and went to meet her there. That place was packed. I didn't even put our name on the list, I didn't want to stay that long. Right as I got there I got a message from Jorja to check my Snap. This is the picture she sent me.
Jorja & Sherry
Haha! Jorja found her Aunt Sherry at the mall! I hurried over to say hi to them. Matt and Sherry were both there. That was fun. We ended up driving home and picking up some Panda Express on the way. Scoop and Cori came up soon after we arrived home. They brought Christmas presents for the kids. They spoiled them this year! They each got gift cards. I think Preston's was from Amazon and the other kids' were Visas. They also got something to put their cell phones in while they drive. Socks of course. Preston got a pocket knife. Jorja got makeup bags. Maysen got an oven mitt. Stockton got missionary stuff. There were other things in there too. It was super nice of them. We just gave Scoop a chocolate Wonder Woman. Mike was so proud of that find. (If you look behind Hailey in this picture, you can see a count down clock on Stockton's picture. That is the number of days we have with him until he goes into the MTC. The kids gave that to me to use when Stockton is on his mission. I don't think I'm going to want to look at that at all in the beginning, it will be too overwhelming. It will be great when he is on the downward stretch though!)
Jorja & Hailey
 Maysen, Preston, Mike
 Jorja trying on her dress for Scoop and Cori
Jorja and I talked for a few hours tonight. It was a great conversation. I am convinced she has told me everything now. It was really interesting to listen to her explain what she was thinking. Like she would tell me different things, but she would also tell me what her thought process was during different events. I don't know why she was so scared to talk to me. I haven't punished her for anything except if she doesn't tell me the truth or hides things from me. I think she is so worried about disappointing me. Doesn't she know that I want to know the real Jorja? I told her that I know it seems weird to talk to her mom about this stuff, but I wish she would come to me for advice over her friends. Mike and I are people that she can always trust to have her best interests at heart. We don't have any agenda. We just want what is best for her and would be able to help her navigate high school so much better. I think after tonight she is truly understanding that. At least I hope she is. I think both Jorja and I felt a lot better after our conversation. I hope now she will trust me.

No comments: