Thursday, January 10, 2019

Perfect Dress

Jorja was so sick today. I could not get her up. This morning when I tried to wake her up she was moaning, "I can't feel my body." I let her sleep a little longer and came back in thirty minutes. No luck. One hour later, no luck. An hour after that, no luck. Finally she mumbled, "Can you just let me sleep until I wake up?" I tried that. She slept until 1:00. I finally made her get up. She didn't want to, but I really didn't want her to miss chemistry again. She has a D right now. The quarter ends next week.
Jorja making breakfast at 1:30 in the afternoon
I took her to school. She said the office ladies were watching her MORP video when she walked in. She got to chemistry and they had a sub there. Oh well. Jorja stayed after school to work with two other girls on her theater scene. They are auditioning for Region and State next week. The girls asked Jorja to be with them clear back before Jorja got sick. Jorja regrets it so much right now. She is so overwhelmed. This is one thing she doesn't want to worry about. But, she isn't going to back out on the girls right now. I picked her up when she was finished. We dropped off one of her Alta basketball jerseys she got last year at Mia's house, then we headed down to Provo. (We dropped one off at Hailey's house on the way home.) Jorja wanted to go to this dress rental place to look for dresses. They have very weird hours and this was the first time we could make it.
Jorja
 This one was Jorja's second favorite.
Jorja fell in love with the very first dress she tried on. When I zipped her up it just felt perfect. Her dream dress for this dance was lacy, short and one that could twirl. She wanted either light pink or sea foam green. This dress was exactly what she wanted, although she said she wishes it was a bit shorter. I do not. I think it is a perfect length.
Jorja
We had brought her dress we bought on New Years with us. It was in the car, so I ran back to get it. Jorja wanted to try on both together to see which one she liked best. She liked the pink one a lot more. I think the pink one looks more like her too. We are going to take the white one back. Even renting the pink one is expensive though. It is more to rent this pink one than it was to buy the white one. Jorja's going to pay for half and I will pay for half. Then it isn't so bad. Here are two pictures she sent to her friends. Almost all of them picked the white one. Haha.
In person I think the pink one is much better. She was very happy with it. As we were leaving I asked if it was okay if we went home. We were planning on going to the Dillards up there and seeing if they had the white dress in a size zero. I figured she had picked the pink, so we didn't need to do that any more. For some reason she got really grumpy. This annoyed me to no end. I had been wanting to have a serious discussion about a few things with her on this trip. I didn't want to do it before we tried on dresses in case it made her cry. I needed to have this discussion and she had shut down the second we left the dress shop. I told her that I would do anything she wanted. She was antsy and short. It was so out of character. We ended up going to the mall across the street so she could look in a store she wanted to. We then went to Village Inn. I was hoping to talk to her here. I didn't have the chance. We were seated next to an obnoxious loud guy. I couldn't even hear myself think. I thought that it would be okay because we had a long drive home. The second we got in the car Jorja asked if it would be okay if she slept on the way home. I was pretty disappointed. I kind of talked to her a bit, but I didn't get to have the conversation I felt I needed. I have been feeling so anxious about this.

When we got home we watched a Goldbergs and played Jackbox as a family. Jorja worked on her English project while we were doing this. She had to make a soundtrack for the Secret Life of Bees. She had to pick songs that fit the story and write a paragraph about why that song would be included in the soundtrack. She finished, but it looked miserable. Although she probably enjoyed that project. At least she enjoyed it more than any of my other kids would.

Jorja had told us that her favorite hug is when she is hugging someone and they put their head on her head. Here is Stockton trying to give her her favorite hug. I'm pretty sure she regrets telling him that. Ha! The kids would not sit still for me to get a picture, so this is the best I have.
Jorja, Stockton, Preston

No comments: