Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Grand Canyon

Mike and I got up early and started our drive to the Grand Canyon. Mike drove the entire way until the entrance. That was nice for me! The entrance was crazy. Super long lines that took an hour to get through. It seemed like the other line was moving faster, but doesn't it always seem that way. It isn't easy to change lanes in tons of traffic in a motorhome, so we stuck it out. When we could finally see the gate, our lane had one ticket booth. The other lane had FOUR! Who designed that??? When we were finally almost to the gate, this random dude walks to our one ticket counter and has the lady help him with something. I was a tad bit annoyed at that point. Haha.

My dad sent us this picture and said, "Help!! How do you get him to stop?!!" We laughed and laughed about that. Bear loves that ball. He thinks someone should be throwing it at all times.
Bear and his ball
Line to get into the Grand Canyon
When we realized our lane had one ticket window and the other lane had FOUR!
Guy who decides to talk to the one line ticket counter instead of picking any of the other ones
Max with Bear at the dog park
Jorja and Mike doing a 'fit check'
The lookout point was a ten to fifteen minute walk from our campsite. Pretty cool! It's hard to capture in pictures how pretty it is. We laughed and laughed when a little boy walked by and said, "This is the worst walk EVER!" Hahahaha
Stockton, Preston, Mike, Jorja, Maysen
Stephanie
Jorja and Stephanie
Stockton
Maysen, Preston, Stockton, Jorja ~ Oh how I love them!
Stockton & Stephanie
Maysen & Jorja
Stephanie & Mike
Maysen
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
Apparently the sun was in their eyes
As demonstrated by Stockton
Maysen isn't fazed. A true warrior.
We were able to walk on the 'rim' path for awhile to get different views. It was stunning. There were a few parts where there wasn't a railing. Mike liked taking pictures of the kids at those parts. I DID NOT like that one bit. I was so scared. Mike kept telling me it was safe and that it just looked like a big drop. I wouldn't even come close to look. I was just trying not to cry and saying mini prayers in my mind that nothing bad would happen. I haven't even looked at those pictures. I guess I should. I would probably love them now, knowing that my kids are all safe back home with me.
Jorja (Maysen and Mike just finished taking pictures)
Jorja
Maysen
I don't know what is happening in this picture, but it made me laugh
Jorja, Mike's right side and I'm guessing Stockton's fingers
Jorja
Jorja, Stephanie, Mike
Mike taking a picture of me with Stockton and Jorja. I wonder why Preston didn't get in the picture.
Jorja, Stephanie, Stockton
Holding my water bottle like a pro.
We walked back to our campsite and stopped at a pizza restaurant. The line was long and the pizza was small, but it did the trick. We were at the store in the campsite when Jorja was trying to watch a livestream of Aiden opening his mission call. She wasn't able to watch it, but found out he is going somewhere in Africa, Portuguese speaking. Pretty cool!

Today was also Grandma Honey's birthday. She would have been 82 I think. I can't even imagine that! Mike thought it was pretty cool to be able to spend his mom's birthday at the Grand Canyon. I have to agree!

No comments: