Saturday, April 10, 2021

Nikki!

From my dad: I label this picture, "Bear's dilemma."

Haha! The kids got a great laugh out of that one. Today was a GREAT day! So much fun! First thing we did is drive to Carter and Marveen's house. Marveen is Grandma Honey's little sister, so Carter and Marveen are Mike's aunt and uncle. I don't think we've seen them since Grandma Honey's funeral more than 15 years ago. Stockton was able to see them twice in passing towards the end of his mission. Anyway, they had us over for breakfast and it was delicious. It was so fun talking with them. They were very happy to have family visit. It was crazy watching and listening to Marveen. She reminded me SO MUCH of Sharen. I'm so glad we were able to spend time with them.
Carter and Marveen's house
Stockton
Mike, Carter, Marveen
Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Maysen, Carter, Marveen, Mike
Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Mike, Stephanie, Maysen
Carter showing us the seeds inside the cactus
The cactus they got the seeds from, they gave us one to take home
Mike's grandparents use to live down in Arizona a few streets away from Carter and Marveen. Mike got directions and the address and we drove by. This is where Grandma & Grandpa Hirschi use to live. There is a cool picture of Mike and Scoop riding big wheels when Mike was little. Mike thinks it was taken here.
We left Tucson and drove to Sierra Vista. Stockton's last area. Stockton would always tell stories about how missionaries were obsessed with Polar Pop. Which is insane when you realize Polar Pops are just gas station soda. Stockton made it a goal to go his entire mission without having a Polar Pop. Yes, he picks weird things as goals. Like going an entire year without hearing Hannah Montana or not touching the Smiths' dog.... maybe that one was Preston, I can't remember. Anyway, we decided he needed a Polar Pop.  It turns out it was exactly what he thought it would be. He didn't miss much on his mission.
Stockton
Preston & Stockton
Maysen making a shake
5th apartment ~ Sierra Vista ~ 20 months to 24 months
Stockton
This is where my baby ended his mission
Stockton and I stopped by the Bradley's. They didn't know we were coming, so just the two of us came to the door. Sister Bradley was so excited to see Stockton. Stockton taught Eva baptism lessons. Sister Bradley sat in on them, she is a recent convert. She just raved and raved to me about what an excellent teacher Stockton is. It was really cool to meet these guys. I'm glad I got to do that. You could tell they loved Stockton. It was awesome.
Sister Bradley, Eva, Stockton
We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner before stopping by Nikki's! I was so excited to see her! The last time I saw her was almost six years ago. It was in Alaska right before Maysen started her senior year of high school. Anyway it was awesome to see her again! I loved every second! The kids were good sports and didn't hurry me along. Haha. Lynn is from Star Valley Wyoming. We were talking to them about our cabin near there. Nikki mentioned to me they were thinking of buying a cabin somewhere between Star Valley and Swan Valley. Our cabin is right in the middle! How cool would it be if they bought a cabin near us! That would be amazing!!! Hopefully Nikki will come visit us at our cabin to check the area out. I mean, if they go visit Lynn's family, they could sneak away for a day to stay with us! I get excited just thinking about it.
Nikki, Stephanie and Eryn in the background
Stephanie, Stockton, Nikki, photobomb by Preston
We left Nikki's around 10:00 and drove to Tucson. We slept in the mission office parking lot again. Mike and I were so tired by the time we got to Tucson. We fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. At least I did. I'm assuming Mike was the same. Man, today was a great day.

No comments: