Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Sunrise at the Grand Canyon

Stockton, Jorja and I got up early to go see the sunrise. Originally it was just going to be Jorja and I. Last night I took a short walk to make sure I knew the right way to go. (We were planning on going a different way.) I wasn't far along when I got very scared. It was pitch black, I was alone and I could hear people being loud and I just felt that what I was doing was very dumb. I came back inside and asked Stockton if he could come with Jorja and I. He was a good sport. Well, this morning it wasn't as dark as the night before. I'm sure Jorja and I would have been fine. It was fun to have him along though! When we got to the lookout spot, there were A LOT of people there! Still, it was beautiful and I'm glad we did it.

Stockton

Stockton & Jorja
This looks so fake, but no filters or editing here
Stephanie
Jorja
Stephanie
Jorja
Stockton & Jorja
Stockton, Stephanie, Jorja
We had to check out of the campsite at 12:00 and we could start playing at the Great Wolf Lodge at 1:00. Great Wolf Lodge is one hour away... or so we thought. Mike, Stockton, Preston and I played two games of Bunny Kingdom to pass the time. We drove out of the park and put the address once we got cell service. THREE HOURS??? What? Turns out I kept googling the distance between the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff, not Scottsdale. Whoops! We ended up getting to Great Wolf Lodge at 4:00, right at check in time. We were able to bring our stuff right up to our room, so that is nice. We just missed out on three hours of playing. Good thing we will have plenty of time tomorrow.
I don't envy these people. Glad we are on the other side this time!
My dad sent this picture, "Bear doesn't seem the least bit guilty for chewing up our hot pad." Whoops!
Cacti!
View out our window
Kids room
Our room. Stockton slept on the pull out couch
We played LOTS of Magiquest today. The kids had fun. Especially Preston who has turned his wand into a giant staff and loved the attention it brought him. I'll have to get a picture of that tomorrow. We ate dinner at the restaurant and just happened to be sat at a tv where the Jazz/Suns game was playing. I told myself I wasn't going to watch it because I asked Jorja not to visit Riley while we were here. Turns out that he came here anyway and she snuck out for a few minutes during dinner so she could see him. Super bugged about that. Jazz lost in overtime so that was disappointing. Mike ordered this s'mores kit where we could make them at our table. It took a long time! It was weird because the plate thing was HOT! The marshmallows just wanted to take their own sweet time roasting.
Maysen
Jorja, Maysen, Preston
Maysen, Preston (no idea what is happening there) and Stockton
You can't see the watermark in the picture below, but Preston spilled his entire water bottle on our bed! I couldn't believe it! I took a picture because Rachel kept spilling her water bottle on our bed during our Israel trip. Here we have one day in a super nice hotel and have to sleep in a wet bed! Rachel always would call the cleaning people and ask for new sheets. We just slept in a wet bed. Well, Mike did. It was on his side. I was lucky.

No comments: