Saturday, November 25, 2017

Day with Maysen

Maysen made a wise decision and didn't come home for Thanksgiving. She would have most likely just gotten sick anyway. She was able to get a lot of work done during the break and doesn't feel as overwhelmed. I didn't want to go the entire break without seeing her, so this morning I got up early and drove to Logan. The first thing we did is we went to see a movie. We saw Coco. I didn't like the movie at first, it took awhile to get interesting. I ended up loving it though. I keep thinking of the song Remember Me. It is interesting how the song sounded different depending on who was singing it. After the movie, Maysen and I went to the zoo. She had some paperwork she needed to pick up. She was able to find Troy and get her papers. She is now done doing the internship. That's awesome she was able to do her psychology internship at the zoo. It is also great that this class is over with. Kind of stressful to have to find your own internship, and leave enough time in your schedule to do it. Especially with no car. Anyway, it is done now. Maysen and I then had lunch at The Waffle Iron. It was delicious.
Maysen
 Tables
 Our waffles
Stockton and Jorja hung out with Gavin for awhile. Mike picked up Jorja to before she was planning on meeting her other friends. Stockton stayed at Gavin's house the rest of the day. Mike took Jorja driving while I was gone. She is absolutely loving being behind the wheel. My other two kids didn't care as much. Mike even started teaching her how to drive a stick shift. He said she did great. They just worked on the stick shift in the church parking lot. They used the van to drive on the road.
Jorja
Mike also got the front room under control. We have had things stuffed in here for a long time. Things from Mike's house that we haven't known where to put them. Random wand stuff. Weird things. Anyway, it looks much better now. We still have to finish the rock wall, but this is tons better.
I took Maysen grocery shopping and then I headed home. I walked into the kitchen and found Jorja will her friends. Evan, Hailey and Drew. I haven't seen Drew in a long time. Jorja asked if I would take them to Temple Square to see the lights. I agreed. As soon as we left Jorja's friend Joe texted saying he just got back into town. We swung by and picked him up too. The traffic to the lights ended up being horrible. I guess there were a ton of things going on in downtown Salt Lake. The parking where I always park at was full. I finally let the kids out of the car while we were stopped. I drove around for awhile looking for somewhere to park. I finally found a lot that cost $10. Even though I was going to be there for less than an hour I was willing to pay that. I pulled in and talked to the parking guy. They would only take cash. I didn't have any. This is where I used my female privilege for the first time. I was so frustrated. I said, "My daughter begged me to take her to the lights, we haven't been in years. I'm never doing this again." My eyes started to tear up. He told me I could just park for free. Thank heavens! I hurried to find Jorja and her friends, luckily I found them quickly.
Evan, Hailey, Joe, Drew
 Evan, Drew, Joe, Jorja, Hailey watching the nativity show
 Drew, Evan, Joe, Jorja, Hailey
 Hailey, Joe, Evan's back, Drew
 Evan & Jorja
 Hailey, Joe, Drew, Jorja, Evan
 Evan, Jorja, Joe, Hailey, Drew
 Evan, Jorja, Joe . . . Hailey
 Hailey & Drew
 Joe, Drew, Evan
 Joe & Evan ~ I'm pretty sure Evan is giving Jorja a secret code. I just can't remember what it means anymore.
Jorja
 Evan & Jorja ~ This picture is blurry, but I love it. Evan has been a great friend to Jorja. He's my favorite.
 Joe & Jorja
We needed to drop Drew off at a movie theater at 8:30. We made it just in time. I was quite impressed. I took the rest of the kids back to our house. It was funny because Mike walked into the kitchen and said, "Hmmmm. Looks like someone was replaced." Joe was now there instead of Drew. The kids joked around until I was tired and took them home. I did find weird videos of people filling their face with whipped cream. The things they think are fun.

No comments: