Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day! Mike got no special breakfast because I'm lame. Jack Murphy spoke in church today. That was cool. He was in my ward growing up, except he was not a member of the church. I was shocked when we moved back here and he was in the high council. Pretty awesome. I took this picture and sent it to my dad.
Stockton and Jorja went to Nate Brown's mission farewell today. I was surprised he was having his farewell this early. I know he leaves sometime in July. But, you never know with lots of missionaries leaving in the summer. The kids came to sacrament meeting with us, then went to Nate's ward at 11:00. Only to find out that it really wasn't his farewell. They discovered that when Nate's mom came and said hi to them and asked them why they were there. Jorja was excited to see Sister Argo though. The two of them decided to come home. They cleaned the kitchen and made Mike snickerdoodles. This is what we came home from church to.
 And on the back . . .
I gave Mike blackout curtains and a curtain rod for our bedroom. He is always complaining that he can't sleep because it gets bright so early. Also the party house has lights on their house, kind of like Christmas lights. They get in the cracks of our blinds at just the right angle to shine on Mike's face. Hopefully he likes the blinds. Hopefully I picked up the right size.

The kids gave Mike a blow up movie screen for the backyard. That will be fun watching movies while swimming in the pool.
Jorja, Mike, Stockton, Preston
 Maysen is here too!
Jorja made dinner all by herself. She made chicken fingers and cooked them in the air fryer. They were quite delicious.
Jorja
 Dinner
We played Betrayal at the House on the Hill. This was the first time I wasn't the traitor. Although it was a secret traitor, so I didn't get to see what it was like to be a normal person. Jorja took this video of Mike while we were playing.
Jorja has to leave early for Leadership Camp tomorrow. She is so dang excited. She wanted to experience this so bad. She had to keep leaving the game to get her packing done. I'm getting her up at 4:45 in the morning. She is going to have fun this week. I'm excited for her.

No comments: